Anyone banking cord blood?

Dori

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is or has decided to bank your baby's cord blood. I have read a few articles that state they are making advances with cystic fibrosis research, which banked cord blood would be helpful...let me know if you have or are going to bank your baby's blood, and if you think it would be a good idea..thanks!

Dori

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is or has decided to bank your baby's cord blood. I have read a few articles that state they are making advances with cystic fibrosis research, which banked cord blood would be helpful...let me know if you have or are going to bank your baby's blood, and if you think it would be a good idea..thanks!

Dori

Hello,

Dori

Hello,

Dori

Hello,
<br />
<br />I was wondering if anyone is or has decided to bank your baby's cord blood. I have read a few articles that state they are making advances with cystic fibrosis research, which banked cord blood would be helpful...let me know if you have or are going to bank your baby's blood, and if you think it would be a good idea..thanks!

tara

In my opinion cord blood banking is a luxury at the moment because it is so expensive and the need to use it is so rare. 3.5 years ago when my twins were born I felt it was a responsible thing to do "just incase". I'm still not sure we'll ever need to use it, but I am glad we have it. We were able to afford it by paying cash, otherwise I'm not sure I'd recommend going into debt over it. It can cost a couple thousand dollars initially and remember there is an annual fee, for life.

tara

In my opinion cord blood banking is a luxury at the moment because it is so expensive and the need to use it is so rare. 3.5 years ago when my twins were born I felt it was a responsible thing to do "just incase". I'm still not sure we'll ever need to use it, but I am glad we have it. We were able to afford it by paying cash, otherwise I'm not sure I'd recommend going into debt over it. It can cost a couple thousand dollars initially and remember there is an annual fee, for life.

tara

tara

tara

Hannah

One of our doctors told us it was something we should really consider doing because of the CF. We did alot of reading and decided to do it. You never know if you'll need it and I'd rather be safe then sorry. I've met lots of kids (including one in my family) that could have benifited from it.

Hannah

One of our doctors told us it was something we should really consider doing because of the CF. We did alot of reading and decided to do it. You never know if you'll need it and I'd rather be safe then sorry. I've met lots of kids (including one in my family) that could have benifited from it.

Hannah

Hannah

Hannah

jenhum

I'm so glad you asked this, I've been wondering about it as well. B/c I am clueless when it comes to science- who exactly are we hoping that cord blood would be able to help with regards to CF? The baby? Me? Other children we might have?

jenhum

I'm so glad you asked this, I've been wondering about it as well. B/c I am clueless when it comes to science- who exactly are we hoping that cord blood would be able to help with regards to CF? The baby? Me? Other children we might have?

jenhum

jenhum

jenhum