AquAdek vs. SourceCF

fondreflections

I have been taking Perfect Prenatal vitamins for the past 3.5 years while trying to conceive. I've finally accepted that I'm not going to be able to have children naturally so my CF doctor wants me to go back on CF-oriented vitamins.

He has given me a one week sample of AquAdek; however, they are much more expensive than SourceCF...I have no state assistance and am so tired of spending all my money on meds...My Capital Blue Cross won't pay a cent for any vitamins...

Due to cost I would rather go with SourceCF. Is there a difference?

fondreflections

I have been taking Perfect Prenatal vitamins for the past 3.5 years while trying to conceive. I've finally accepted that I'm not going to be able to have children naturally so my CF doctor wants me to go back on CF-oriented vitamins.

He has given me a one week sample of AquAdek; however, they are much more expensive than SourceCF...I have no state assistance and am so tired of spending all my money on meds...My Capital Blue Cross won't pay a cent for any vitamins...

fondreflections

fondreflections

fondreflections

<br />
<br />He has given me a one week sample of AquAdek; however, they are much more expensive than SourceCF...I have no state assistance and am so tired of spending all my money on meds...My Capital Blue Cross won't pay a cent for any vitamins...
<br />
<br />Due to cost I would rather go with SourceCF. Is there a difference?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe there's much difference. You can go on the websites for both of the products and compare. We switched last year, I'd gotten a free sample bottle of the source CF bubblegum chewables and DS has since preferred those to the aquaadecks.

I did check with his doctor and he indicated it wouldn't make a difference for DS, as long as he was taking a CF vitamin. I believe Vitamax may be less expensive as well. Oh, and insurance won't cover any of DS' vitamins either. I also have to pay out of pocket for vitamin K.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe there's much difference. You can go on the websites for both of the products and compare. We switched last year, I'd gotten a free sample bottle of the source CF bubblegum chewables and DS has since preferred those to the aquaadecks.

I did check with his doctor and he indicated it wouldn't make a difference for DS, as long as he was taking a CF vitamin. I believe Vitamax may be less expensive as well. Oh, and insurance won't cover any of DS' vitamins either. I also have to pay out of pocket for vitamin K.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />I did check with his doctor and he indicated it wouldn't make a difference for DS, as long as he was taking a CF vitamin. I believe Vitamax may be less expensive as well. Oh, and insurance won't cover any of DS' vitamins either. I also have to pay out of pocket for vitamin K.

just1more

We actually just move to SourceCF last month.

M had been on Aquadeks and his vit levels were low, they switched to individual fat-sol vitamins that were like 2TBS of motor oil everyday.

His levels didn't improve, so when they switched back they moved him to the SourceCF.

We have to have labs run next month and we will know if they are working or not. But in your case, any "CF' vitamin would be a step up from a pre-natal so I would take what you can afford.

just1more

M had been on Aquadeks and his vit levels were low, they switched to individual fat-sol vitamins that were like 2TBS of motor oil everyday.

His levels didn't improve, so when they switched back they moved him to the SourceCF.

We have to have labs run next month and we will know if they are working or not. But in your case, any "CF' vitamin would be a step up from a pre-natal so I would take what you can afford.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />M had been on Aquadeks and his vit levels were low, they switched to individual fat-sol vitamins that were like 2TBS of motor oil everyday.
<br />
<br />His levels didn't improve, so when they switched back they moved him to the SourceCF.
<br />
<br />We have to have labs run next month and we will know if they are working or not. But in your case, any "CF' vitamin would be a step up from a pre-natal so I would take what you can afford.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS also takes an additional Vitamin A, E & K as per his doctor, along with two source CF chewables a day. Seems excessive, but last year his vitamin levels were middle of the road/average.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS also takes an additional Vitamin A, E & K as per his doctor, along with two source CF chewables a day. Seems excessive, but last year his vitamin levels were middle of the road/average.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member