Are there camps for kids with CF?

CFkarmakid

So hears the deal I've never had the chance to meet a person with CF and i was just wondering, are there camps we can go to?

CFkarmakid

So hears the deal I've never had the chance to meet a person with CF and i was just wondering, are there camps we can go to?

CFkarmakid

robert321

There are not any camps for people with cf that i know of. If you find one i would not suggest going either. The doctors and scientists started discouraging cf camps because when you get a whole lot of people with cf together, you get all their lung infections and things like that. Psudomonus and other bacterias can be transmitted between cfers so having a camp is not a good situation to be in. Most of the bacterias present in cf lungs are harmless to most people but because of how cf works it can be dangerous to us and to our health. People continuosly came back from cf camp with a souvenier that they wish they hadn't gotten, an infection, so about 10 years ago they did away with all the camps. I never got the opertunity to go to one either, but it is probably for the best. I hope you met someone with cf so you can talk with them. There are other websites that are specifically for teens with chronic illnesses that you can find and go to (I would give you the name of the one that i have found but i'm not sure we can advertise other sites like that on here) google something like teens with chronic illnesses and see what you find, if you will find out if i can give you that address for the website i go to i will, it has a chat that there are always people on and things like that. Most of the people have other chronic illnesses other than cf but it is still nice to have people that understand what you are going though. I hope this helps.

robert321

There are not any camps for people with cf that i know of. If you find one i would not suggest going either. The doctors and scientists started discouraging cf camps because when you get a whole lot of people with cf together, you get all their lung infections and things like that. Psudomonus and other bacterias can be transmitted between cfers so having a camp is not a good situation to be in. Most of the bacterias present in cf lungs are harmless to most people but because of how cf works it can be dangerous to us and to our health. People continuosly came back from cf camp with a souvenier that they wish they hadn't gotten, an infection, so about 10 years ago they did away with all the camps. I never got the opertunity to go to one either, but it is probably for the best. I hope you met someone with cf so you can talk with them. There are other websites that are specifically for teens with chronic illnesses that you can find and go to (I would give you the name of the one that i have found but i'm not sure we can advertise other sites like that on here) google something like teens with chronic illnesses and see what you find, if you will find out if i can give you that address for the website i go to i will, it has a chat that there are always people on and things like that. Most of the people have other chronic illnesses other than cf but it is still nice to have people that understand what you are going though. I hope this helps.

robert321

kimmy

hey
Just sharing what i know.
Im 14 now but around 1998/1999 (not sure which year) was my first and only CF camp. (in was a South Australian one!) My older sister who doesn't have CF and i went along to the camp. It was absoutely great in my veiw. I met so many other CF ers around my age and older. They took good care of us while we were there, we all had physio 3 times a day and had all our nebs all on time and all tablets etc. (we each had our own "care givers") I remember the first time they told me it was time to do physio, being younger i thought that this camp was to be "normal" and we wouldn't have to do our treatments!!! We did alot of fun things too, to keep out minds off treatments and things.
I made some life-long firneds on that camp, whom i am still great friends with today. I have to say i get really upset when i see camps for siblings of CFers, i know that is quite harsh but i feel let out as we aren't allowed to have them anymore.
Even though my heart strongly disagrees with not having camps i can see that it would only pass on more bugs and thats not what we really want.

kimmy

hey
Im 14 now but around 1998/1999 (not sure which year) was my first and only CF camp. (in was a South Australian one!) My older sister who doesn't have CF and i went along to the camp. It was absoutely great in my veiw. I met so many other CF ers around my age and older. They took good care of us while we were there, we all had physio 3 times a day and had all our nebs all on time and all tablets etc. (we each had our own "care givers") I remember the first time they told me it was time to do physio, being younger i thought that this camp was to be "normal" and we wouldn't have to do our treatments!!! We did alot of fun things too, to keep out minds off treatments and things.
I made some life-long firneds on that camp, whom i am still great friends with today. I have to say i get really upset when i see camps for siblings of CFers, i know that is quite harsh but i feel let out as we aren't allowed to have them anymore.
Even though my heart strongly disagrees with not having camps i can see that it would only pass on more bugs and thats not what we really want.

kimmy

hey