Arrg!

hhildema

So, as I've posted in some other areas on this site already, we decided to pursue CF testing for our 3-year old daughter this month due to family history, never-ending respiratory "infections", salty skin and digestive issues. Despite the signs and symptoms, her pediatrician acted like I'm just an overly-worried parent and that he would be "very surprised" if the test came back positive. I really don't think she has it either because she was screened as a newborn and everthing was normal and yet she has these symptoms that aren't going away and if anything seem to be getting worse. Anyway, I just had to vent, because wouldn't you think a pediatrician would want to figure out what's going on and with her symtoms wouldn't CF be one of the first things that came to mind?!! Well, crazy parent or not, I'm relieved the test has been ordered and that we'll know (at least about whether she has CF) before the end of the year.

hhildema

So, as I've posted in some other areas on this site already, we decided to pursue CF testing for our 3-year old daughter this month due to family history, never-ending respiratory "infections", salty skin and digestive issues. Despite the signs and symptoms, her pediatrician acted like I'm just an overly-worried parent and that he would be "very surprised" if the test came back positive. I really don't think she has it either because she was screened as a newborn and everthing was normal and yet she has these symptoms that aren't going away and if anything seem to be getting worse. Anyway, I just had to vent, because wouldn't you think a pediatrician would want to figure out what's going on and with her symtoms wouldn't CF be one of the first things that came to mind?!! Well, crazy parent or not, I'm relieved the test has been ordered and that we'll know (at least about whether she has CF) before the end of the year.

hhildema