AZLI vs TOBI

kitomd21

I understand both treat PA, is there greater benefit in using AZLI over TOBI? Resistant PA may be more susceptible to AZLI than TOBI? Do you think they will be prescribed concurrently in treating PA? Is it too early to state when one would be warranted over the other?

kitomd21

I understand both treat PA, is there greater benefit in using AZLI over TOBI? Resistant PA may be more susceptible to AZLI than TOBI? Do you think they will be prescribed concurrently in treating PA? Is it too early to state when one would be warranted over the other?

kitomd21

kitomd21

kitomd21

Jeana

I'm not sure that one is "better" than the other, but just another option in our antibiotic toolbelt. As for me, I cannot tolerate TOBI, so I will be very glad when I can finally take AZLI again. I had very positive results with it.

Jeana

I'm not sure that one is "better" than the other, but just another option in our antibiotic toolbelt. As for me, I cannot tolerate TOBI, so I will be very glad when I can finally take AZLI again. I had very positive results with it.

Jeana

Jeana

Jeana

BaylorCrew07

I've never heard of AZLI until I saw your post. I guess it's still in phase III trial period?

Jeana - how was experience different w/ AZLI as compared with TOBI?

I'm currently on TOBI every other month, but I hate it lol. I guess it does it's job, but it's extremely irritating, I always lose my voice, etc.

BaylorCrew07

I've never heard of AZLI until I saw your post. I guess it's still in phase III trial period?

I'm currently on TOBI every other month, but I hate it lol. I guess it does it's job, but it's extremely irritating, I always lose my voice, etc.

BaylorCrew07

BaylorCrew07

BaylorCrew07

<br />
<br />Jeana - how was experience different w/ AZLI as compared with TOBI?
<br />
<br />I'm currently on TOBI every other month, but I hate it lol. I guess it does it's job, but it's extremely irritating, I always lose my voice, etc.

Skye

AZLI vs TOBISo

AZLI or Cayston is now how it is referred to is just another drug in the arsenal. What is different about it is the delivery. It is prescribed with the e-flow....particle size is much smaller so it goes deeper. It is used 3x/day. I have alternated it with both Tobi and Colistin and that has worked for me. In my humble opinion, it is MUCH easier to tolerate than Tobi or Colistin. That has been my experience.

It has been FDA approved and should be available very soon.

Skye

AZLI vs TOBISo

AZLI or Cayston is now how it is referred to is just another drug in the arsenal. What is different about it is the delivery. It is prescribed with the e-flow....particle size is much smaller so it goes deeper. It is used 3x/day. I have alternated it with both Tobi and Colistin and that has worked for me. In my humble opinion, it is MUCH easier to tolerate than Tobi or Colistin. That has been my experience.

Skye

AZLI vs TOBISo

Skye

AZLI vs TOBISo

Skye

AZLI vs TOBISo

<br />
<br />It has been FDA approved and should be available very soon.