Back after "Running Retirement"

C

cfsucks

Back after

i haven't jogged since last summer... but long story short i decided to try to start up again. i started with a 10 min walk to warm up, then stretched... and then started to jog. within 2 minutes i was having the worst shin splints ever. i couldn't continue running it was so bad. i was wearing flat footed shoes that i use to lift weights in... could that be the cause?

C

cfsucks

Back after

i haven't jogged since last summer... but long story short i decided to try to start up again. i started with a 10 min walk to warm up, then stretched... and then started to jog. within 2 minutes i was having the worst shin splints ever. i couldn't continue running it was so bad. i was wearing flat footed shoes that i use to lift weights in... could that be the cause?

C

cfsucks

Back after

C

cfsucks

Back after

C

cfsucks

Back after

amysue78

Back after

Yes, shoes are really important. Ice those shins and stay off the cement. I have not got to the jog part. I did walk 30 min again today. I have not ran in about 4 years. I am sure when I run my lungs are gonna ache and I will bring up lots of "stuff".

Good Luck,
Let me know how it goes for you. Get some running shoes, that will help.
Amy Long

amysue78

Back after

Yes, shoes are really important. Ice those shins and stay off the cement. I have not got to the jog part. I did walk 30 min again today. I have not ran in about 4 years. I am sure when I run my lungs are gonna ache and I will bring up lots of "stuff".

Good Luck,
Amy Long

amysue78

Back after

Good Luck,
Amy Long

amysue78

Back after

Good Luck,
Amy Long

amysue78

Back after

<br />
<br />Good Luck,
<br />Let me know how it goes for you. Get some running shoes, that will help.
<br />Amy Long

jtmiller

AMy. good for you. Running has helped the cf and asthma folks in my family too. Just remember to let the track star days fade and focus on running for health.
That is what we do in my family. Steady and slow and away we go!

jtmiller

AMy. good for you. Running has helped the cf and asthma folks in my family too. Just remember to let the track star days fade and focus on running for health.

jtmiller

jtmiller

jtmiller

<br />That is what we do in my family. Steady and slow and away we go!