belly button piercing

Angel2393

<P>Hey guys, I recieved my lung tranplant about 5 years ago and knock on wood never had any type of sicknes or rejection...my doctors said I can get anything I want pierced but im still so nervous! I would realy like to get my belly button pierced. When I was baby I was born with an outtie bellybutton and had to undergo surgory to correct it- now its perfectly normal...Do you think abelly button ring would damage it?? My doctors say no, but still would like adivce!</P>
<P> </P>
<P>thanks.</P>

Angel2393

<P>Hey guys, I recieved my lung tranplant about 5 years ago and knock on wood never had any type of sicknes or rejection...my doctors said I can get anything I want pierced but im still so nervous! I would realy like to get my belly button pierced. When I was baby I was born with an outtie bellybutton and had to undergo surgory to correct it- now its perfectly normal...Do you think abelly button ring would damage it?? My doctors say no, but still would like adivce!</P>
<P></P>
<P>thanks.</P>

Angel2393

<P><BR>Hey guys, I recieved my lung tranplant about 5 years ago and knock on wood never had any type of sicknes or rejection...my doctors said I can get anything I want pierced but im still so nervous! I would realy like to get my belly button pierced. When I was baby I was born with an outtie bellybutton and had to undergo surgory to correct it- now its perfectly normal...Do you think abelly button ring would damage it?? My doctors say no, but still would like adivce!</P>
<P></P>
<P>thanks.</P>

redheadedmommy

I have had many things pierced theres always risk of infection to the site , I never had a transplant , there shouldn't be a problem with a belly button piercing , im not a professional and i dont play one on tv but i do have experience with piercings. just make sure you take care of it . good luck !

redheadedmommy

I have had many things pierced theres always risk of infection to the site , I never had a transplant , there shouldn't be a problem with a belly button piercing , im not a professional and i dont play one on tv but i do have experience with piercings. just make sure you take care of it . good luck !

redheadedmommy

PF

<br>I haven't had a transplant but have a weak immune system & am very prone to all types of infection so when I had my belly piercing I went on an oral antibiotic (not sure if you could with your meds) and took special care of the wound, cleaning twice daily with spirits & applying antibiotic cream until healed. I would imagine that your ant-rejection drugs could make you more vulnerable to infection. Make sure you go to a reputable piercer who practices good hygiene & uses a new sterile needle.

PF

<br>I haven't had a transplant but have a weak immune system & am very prone to all types of infection so when I had my belly piercing I went on an oral antibiotic (not sure if you could with your meds) and took special care of the wound, cleaning twice daily with spirits & applying antibiotic cream until healed. I would imagine that your ant-rejection drugs could make you more vulnerable to infection. Make sure you go to a reputable piercer who practices good hygiene & uses a new sterile needle.

PF

julie

It's the same risk associated with piercing your ears. So yes, anythime you open your skin like that you expose it to the risk of infection. But making sure it's cleaned properly before the piercing, and during the aftercare, you should be good

julie

It's the same risk associated with piercing your ears. So yes, anythime you open your skin like that you expose it to the risk of infection. But making sure it's cleaned properly before the piercing, and during the aftercare, you should be good

julie

Ldude916

I had mine done, and it does ooze, puss, and is way more sensitive than ear piercings. It's a bigger hole and it rubs on your clothing, etc. all day, so it can get irritated and infected. I suppose if your transplant team thinks it's okay to do it...you can....but as everyone else is saying, make sure the site is sterilized really good and all the needles/jewelry is sterile. The aftercare is super important to avoid infection. It takes about 3 months to fully heal.

My friend had to take hers out b/c she went to the beach, got sand in/near the new piercing and it got totally infected, so just beware of things like that. Good luck!

Ldude916

I had mine done, and it does ooze, puss, and is way more sensitive than ear piercings. It's a bigger hole and it rubs on your clothing, etc. all day, so it can get irritated and infected. I suppose if your transplant team thinks it's okay to do it...you can....but as everyone else is saying, make sure the site is sterilized really good and all the needles/jewelry is sterile. The aftercare is super important to avoid infection. It takes about 3 months to fully heal.

My friend had to take hers out b/c she went to the beach, got sand in/near the new piercing and it got totally infected, so just beware of things like that. Good luck!

Ldude916

<br />
<br />My friend had to take hers out b/c she went to the beach, got sand in/near the new piercing and it got totally infected, so just beware of things like that. Good luck!