bellyaches with certain foods

ej0820

Does anyone here get the typical CF stomach ache with certain kinds of foods despite the amount of enzymes you take? This doesn't happen to me all the time at all, but every once in a while I'll get a stomach ache after eating something whether I took enough, too many, or too little enzymes. Like I said, this doesn't really happen a lot, and for me it's usually pastries and cake like things that give me a problem sometimes. I noticed it this morning when I got a bad stomach ache after eating some donuts...I took plenty of enzymes, but I still ended up in the bathroom in a some pain for a while. Does this happen to anyone else or am I just a weirdo, lol?

ej0820

Does anyone here get the typical CF stomach ache with certain kinds of foods despite the amount of enzymes you take? This doesn't happen to me all the time at all, but every once in a while I'll get a stomach ache after eating something whether I took enough, too many, or too little enzymes. Like I said, this doesn't really happen a lot, and for me it's usually pastries and cake like things that give me a problem sometimes. I noticed it this morning when I got a bad stomach ache after eating some donuts...I took plenty of enzymes, but I still ended up in the bathroom in a some pain for a while. Does this happen to anyone else or am I just a weirdo, lol?

ej0820

CaliSally

I get them too occasionally. I notice my stomach aches when I mix different types of foods, though I haven't paid attention to exactly what. They go away after a few minutes though.

If you start to have really sharp pains when you eat that don't go away, you might be getting a blockage. So that's something to remember. But if the pains go away, I would guess it's just everyday digesting delimma's the human body will face.

We have to remember that on top of CF, we are going to have "normal" digestional issues, just like non cfers - they get gas and bloating too, especially the older you get.

CaliSally

I get them too occasionally. I notice my stomach aches when I mix different types of foods, though I haven't paid attention to exactly what. They go away after a few minutes though.

If you start to have really sharp pains when you eat that don't go away, you might be getting a blockage. So that's something to remember. But if the pains go away, I would guess it's just everyday digesting delimma's the human body will face.

We have to remember that on top of CF, we are going to have "normal" digestional issues, just like non cfers - they get gas and bloating too, especially the older you get.

CaliSally

M

MCGrad2006

I dont usually pay attention to what i eat and when I get pains either. But I did notice that Donuts bother me too! I had two donuts for breakfast a few weeks ago and it hurt my stomah soooo bad! Anyway, when I mentioned to my mom about these issues, she said that when I was diagnosed the doctors told her, that some foods may always be an issue for CFers. There will be some things that we may just not be able to eat due to these problems.

M

MCGrad2006

I dont usually pay attention to what i eat and when I get pains either. But I did notice that Donuts bother me too! I had two donuts for breakfast a few weeks ago and it hurt my stomah soooo bad! Anyway, when I mentioned to my mom about these issues, she said that when I was diagnosed the doctors told her, that some foods may always be an issue for CFers. There will be some things that we may just not be able to eat due to these problems.

M

MCGrad2006

65rosessamurai

Usually, foods with high quantities of fat or grease, such as donuts, are hard for the digestive system to intake.
I've made this statement several times, to which few still don't seem to catch, or even realize as true...most (or all) enzymes are extracted from hogs, which was the closest to the human for digestion. Which means, the enzymes cannot easily digest the byproducts of pork, bacon, or even certain cooking oils which contain animal fats.
If you happen to be the type of person who loves things like donuts, the best suggestion is to NOT take it in high quantities, and try to eat them after going a few days with no digestive issues. You may end up with a stomach ache later that day, or the next, but if you don't have stomach issues before then, it may not be as bad.
I had to learn that lesson the hard way, to take in the foods I like in small amounts in order to not have such stomach aches. Depending on what you're eating that gives you trouble, taking in extra vegetables, and fiber may actually help.
Unfortunately, in my case, I don't have enzymes available here, so I've really had to monitor myself in order to cut my stomach problems down. It's helped, but I do get those bad days on occasion.
Hope this is helpful.

65rosessamurai

Usually, foods with high quantities of fat or grease, such as donuts, are hard for the digestive system to intake.
I've made this statement several times, to which few still don't seem to catch, or even realize as true...most (or all) enzymes are extracted from hogs, which was the closest to the human for digestion. Which means, the enzymes cannot easily digest the byproducts of pork, bacon, or even certain cooking oils which contain animal fats.
If you happen to be the type of person who loves things like donuts, the best suggestion is to NOT take it in high quantities, and try to eat them after going a few days with no digestive issues. You may end up with a stomach ache later that day, or the next, but if you don't have stomach issues before then, it may not be as bad.
I had to learn that lesson the hard way, to take in the foods I like in small amounts in order to not have such stomach aches. Depending on what you're eating that gives you trouble, taking in extra vegetables, and fiber may actually help.
Unfortunately, in my case, I don't have enzymes available here, so I've really had to monitor myself in order to cut my stomach problems down. It's helped, but I do get those bad days on occasion.
Hope this is helpful.

65rosessamurai

Hope this is helpful.

AnD

If I eat a corn cereal for b'fast- stomach discomfort. Oat cereal- fine. I have generic Lucky Charms for b'fast 350 days a year! Other than that, <i>really</i> greasy foods can set me off a bit. I don't take enzymes, though.

AnD

If I eat a corn cereal for b'fast- stomach discomfort. Oat cereal- fine. I have generic Lucky Charms for b'fast 350 days a year! Other than that, <i>really</i> greasy foods can set me off a bit. I don't take enzymes, though.

AnD

LovingMommy

My oldest daughter (5) also has C.F, had the same problem, and when doctors looked into it and did some testing, we found out that she had Celiac Disease.

LovingMommy

My oldest daughter (5) also has C.F, had the same problem, and when doctors looked into it and did some testing, we found out that she had Celiac Disease.

LovingMommy