Benecalorie

ajb900

We're kind of new to the CF world and I am always worried about my daughter getting enough calories.  While searching around on the internet I came across something called Benecalorie.  It looks like its made by Nestle.  Anyway its liquid and comes in 1.5 oz packs and has 330 calories and 7 g of protein per pack!  Does anyone know anything about whether or not its safe for CFers or children in general?  It would be great if I could sneak an extra 330 cal into Lacy's diet without her eating anything extra (since she has a picky 2 yo appetite!).  Just thought I start here to see what y'all knew. 

ajb900

We're kind of new to the CF world and I am always worried about my daughter getting enough calories. While searching around on the internet I came across something called Benecalorie. It looks like its made by Nestle. Anyway its liquid and comes in 1.5 oz packs and has 330 calories and 7 g of proteinper pack! Does anyone know anything about whether or not its safe for CFers or children in general? It would be great if I could sneak an extra 330 cal into Lacy's diet without her eating anything extra (since she has a picky 2 yo appetite!). Just thought I start here to see what y'all knew.

ajb900

<BR>We're kind of new to the CF world and I am always worried about my daughter getting enough calories. While searching around on the internet I came across something called Benecalorie. It looks like its made by Nestle. Anyway its liquid and comes in 1.5 oz packs and has 330 calories and 7 g of proteinper pack! Does anyone know anything about whether or not its safe for CFers or children in general? It would be great if I could sneak an extra 330 cal into Lacy's diet without her eating anything extra (since she has a picky 2 yo appetite!). Just thought I start here to see what y'all knew.

B

bethylove

I hadn't ever heard of it, but I love Nestle's Carnation High Calorie drinks (well love isn't the correct word). They work well and help me keep on weight, but the 8 oz each time can be tough. I can only drink the High Calorie and not the Very High Calorie, because it just tastes like drinking 8 oz of oil (which you basically are). When I'm sick its much harder to get down all 8 oz so sometimes I don't even try.

After researching the Benecalorie I decided to buy a case (expensive, but I'm hoping it will be worth it!) I figure if it helps put on weight/ keep weight on chemo patients then hopefully it will be able to help me. I should get it them this upcoming week and let know how they are?

B

bethylove

I hadn't ever heard of it, but I love Nestle's Carnation High Calorie drinks (well love isn't the correct word). They work well and help me keep on weight, but the 8 oz each time can be tough. I can only drink the High Calorie and not the Very High Calorie, because it just tastes like drinking 8 oz of oil (which you basically are). When I'm sick its much harder to get down all 8 oz so sometimes I don't even try.

After researching the Benecalorie I decided to buy a case (expensive, but I'm hoping it will be worth it!) I figure if it helps put on weight/ keep weight on chemo patients then hopefully it will be able to help me. I should get it them this upcoming week and let know how they are?

B

bethylove

<br />
<br />After researching the Benecalorie I decided to buy a case (expensive, but I'm hoping it will be worth it!) I figure if it helps put on weight/ keep weight on chemo patients then hopefully it will be able to help me. I should get it them this upcoming week and let know how they are?