Breathing techniques to use w/ Vest?

kclynn87

Do you have any good breathing techniques to use while doing the Vest that will help bring up junk from <b><i>deep down</b></u>? I suppose I don't even know how to do the proper breathing. Thanks guys!

kclynn87

Do you have any good breathing techniques to use while doing the Vest that will help bring up junk from <b><i>deep down</b></u>? I suppose I don't even know how to do the proper breathing. Thanks guys!

kclynn87

kclynn87

kclynn87

<br />

JazzysMom

IF I am having a real problem getting something to move I do certaiin breathing techniques.

The one that works best for me is this:

Take a small breath & hold, take another small breath & hold (without releasing the original one) & continue doing this until your lungs are full.

You dont have to hold it long just a few seconds in between each breath of air. Then let it all out in a huff.

The idea is to build up "pressure" to get the areas that are clogged to dislodge.

Hope this helps!

JazzysMom

IF I am having a real problem getting something to move I do certaiin breathing techniques.

Take a small breath & hold, take another small breath & hold (without releasing the original one) & continue doing this until your lungs are full.

You dont have to hold it long just a few seconds in between each breath of air. Then let it all out in a huff.

The idea is to build up "pressure" to get the areas that are clogged to dislodge.

Hope this helps!

JazzysMom

Hope this helps!

JazzysMom

Hope this helps!

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />The one that works best for me is this:
<br />
<br />Take a small breath & hold, take another small breath & hold (without releasing the original one) & continue doing this until your lungs are full.
<br />
<br />You dont have to hold it long just a few seconds in between each breath of air. Then let it all out in a huff.
<br />
<br />The idea is to build up "pressure" to get the areas that are clogged to dislodge.
<br />
<br />Hope this helps!

xoxbethyy

Theres a technique that i love! its called autogenic drainage i don't do it exactly the way they taught me because i modified it to how i felt it worked best.

they way they taught me is you breath out as far as you can and breathe in only to fill about a quarter of your lungs, then breathe out as much as you can, breathe in a 1/4 breathe out again etc etc do that a couple of times, *key is try your hardest not to cough! you want the air to start to work its way down to those deep little tiny airways --i always have to curl my toes and squeeze something lol-- *
then you do a few normal breathes and by this time you should feel like you've moved some stuff from your lower lungs to your middle lungs i guess? if not go back and repeat the previous section.
Then after some normal breathes in adn out in and out, you take a sharp breathe in like a gasp. and breathe only 1/4 the way out then breathe in sharp like a gasp again, so doing the opposite of the first step and in turn it brings all the loosened mucus up to the top of your lungs and you'll be able to do one really good cough with a ton of gunk.

I find this sooooo helpful especially with some of those hard to get up crackles. But what i do is i just push out my air for as long as i can and then breathe back up and reapeat that trying to not cough. i don't do the gasp thing or the deep deep deep normal normal high high high cycle of the a.g.d system i just kinda do normal deeeeeep normal deeeeeeep normal etc etc and I find that it gets so much junk up.

it does take practice to find what really works well for you.

xoxbethyy

Theres a technique that i love! its called autogenic drainage i don't do it exactly the way they taught me because i modified it to how i felt it worked best.

they way they taught me is you breath out as far as you can and breathe in only to fill about a quarter of your lungs, then breathe out as much as you can, breathe in a 1/4 breathe out again etc etc do that a couple of times, *key is try your hardest not to cough! you want the air to start to work its way down to those deep little tiny airways --i always have to curl my toes and squeeze something lol-- *
then you do a few normal breathes and by this time you should feel like you've moved some stuff from your lower lungs to your middle lungs i guess? if not go back and repeat the previous section.
Then after some normal breathes in adn out in and out, you take a sharp breathe in like a gasp. and breathe only 1/4 the way out then breathe in sharp like a gasp again, so doing the opposite of the first step and in turn it brings all the loosened mucus up to the top of your lungs and you'll be able to do one really good cough with a ton of gunk.

I find this sooooo helpful especially with some of those hard to get up crackles. But what i do is i just push out my air for as long as i can and then breathe back up and reapeat that trying to not cough. i don't do the gasp thing or the deep deep deep normal normal high high high cycle of the a.g.d system i just kinda do normal deeeeeep normal deeeeeeep normal etc etc and I find that it gets so much junk up.

xoxbethyy

xoxbethyy

xoxbethyy

<br />
<br />they way they taught me is you breath out as far as you can and breathe in only to fill about a quarter of your lungs, then breathe out as much as you can, breathe in a 1/4 breathe out again etc etc do that a couple of times, *key is try your hardest not to cough! you want the air to start to work its way down to those deep little tiny airways --i always have to curl my toes and squeeze something lol-- *
<br />then you do a few normal breathes and by this time you should feel like you've moved some stuff from your lower lungs to your middle lungs i guess? if not go back and repeat the previous section.
<br />Then after some normal breathes in adn out in and out, you take a sharp breathe in like a gasp. and breathe only 1/4 the way out then breathe in sharp like a gasp again, so doing the opposite of the first step and in turn it brings all the loosened mucus up to the top of your lungs and you'll be able to do one really good cough with a ton of gunk.
<br />
<br />I find this sooooo helpful especially with some of those hard to get up crackles. But what i do is i just push out my air for as long as i can and then breathe back up and reapeat that trying to not cough. i don't do the gasp thing or the deep deep deep normal normal high high high cycle of the a.g.d system i just kinda do normal deeeeeep normal deeeeeeep normal etc etc and I find that it gets so much junk up.
<br />
<br />it does take practice to find what really works well for you.