Can you take too much Bene-Fiber?

BaylorCrew07

I don't know about benefiber specifically, but I was told by my GI doc that taking TOO much fiber (granted, would have to be a LOT) when you're constipated, etc. can actually stop you up more. (this happened to me and I was miserable...kept taking fiber supplements, etc). I'm not sure if that is specific to CFers, or people in general...and I know taking too much fiber w/o drinking enough water can stop you up also.

BaylorCrew07

I don't know about benefiber specifically, but I was told by my GI doc that taking TOO much fiber (granted, would have to be a LOT) when you're constipated, etc. can actually stop you up more. (this happened to me and I was miserable...kept taking fiber supplements, etc). I'm not sure if that is specific to CFers, or people in general...and I know taking too much fiber w/o drinking enough water can stop you up also.

BaylorCrew07