Can't get daughter off bottle

ashmomo

Hi, my daughter is going to be 4 years old and has to drink pediasure, well just now switching to Boost 1.5, but she wont have anything to do with it if it is in a cup or the new juice box style it comes in. I have tried new cups, cool cups, even trying to bribe and she will not drink it from a cup. It has to be in the bottle. She has always drank everything else out of a cup, even adult cups. It is just the milk that turns her from the cup. I am afraid that if I keep the milk from her for too long...trying to make her drink it from a cup and not the bottle...she will just stop drinking the Boost for good, which is not an option with her slow weight gain.
Any suggestions? Thank you!

ashmomo

Hi, my daughter is going to be 4 years old and has to drink pediasure, well just now switching to Boost 1.5, but she wont have anything to do with it if it is in a cup or the new juice box style it comes in. I have tried new cups, cool cups, even trying to bribe and she will not drink it from a cup. It has to be in the bottle. She has always drank everything else out of a cup, even adult cups. It is just the milk that turns her from the cup. I am afraid that if I keep the milk from her for too long...trying to make her drink it from a cup and not the bottle...she will just stop drinking the Boost for good, which is not an option with her slow weight gain.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />Any suggestions? Thank you!

ehtansky21

I would put bottles in the topic search...i know there was a recent discussion on bottles and trying to give them up. They do have sippy cups that look and feel so much like bottle but are the next step. Have you tried that. And have her go and pick them out, try and figure out how to make it a fun thing.
Ethan Sky is turning 5 in february and we have a big reward of going to Disneyland. But we do tell him that if he is not acting like he is almost 5, then he can't turn 5 and go to disneyland. I know that is big reward, but I am sure there are smaller rewards out there that might work.
Blessings,
Missa

ehtansky21

I would put bottles in the topic search...i know there was a recent discussion on bottles and trying to give them up. They do have sippy cups that look and feel so much like bottle but are the next step. Have you tried that. And have her go and pick them out, try and figure out how to make it a fun thing.
Ethan Sky is turning 5 in february and we have a big reward of going to Disneyland. But we do tell him that if he is not acting like he is almost 5, then he can't turn 5 and go to disneyland. I know that is big reward, but I am sure there are smaller rewards out there that might work.
Blessings,
Missa

ehtansky21

Blessings,
Missa

ehtansky21

Blessings,
Missa

ehtansky21

<br />Ethan Sky is turning 5 in february and we have a big reward of going to Disneyland. But we do tell him that if he is not acting like he is almost 5, then he can't turn 5 and go to disneyland. I know that is big reward, but I am sure there are smaller rewards out there that might work.
<br />Blessings,
<br />Missa

ashmomo

Her birthday just passed and I took her to the store, she picked out her own cups and said she would drink her Boost from them...later to find out, she said she was just joking! After 2 days and hours of trying to get her to drink it out of the cup she had about 4 ounces in 2 days. I had to give the bottle back as we cannot take the risk of her losing weight or deciding she doesn't need the Boost anymore.
We have a new baby on the way and it is going to become harder. I am just not sure what to do without her just turning from the Boost, which is not an option at this time.
Prizes/bribes do not work. She wants nothing to do with it out of a cup. Yet she drinks everything else from a cup...
Any more suggestions?

ashmomo

Her birthday just passed and I took her to the store, she picked out her own cups and said she would drink her Boost from them...later to find out, she said she was just joking! After 2 days and hours of trying to get her to drink it out of the cup she had about 4 ounces in 2 days. I had to give the bottle back as we cannot take the risk of her losing weight or deciding she doesn't need the Boost anymore.
We have a new baby on the way and it is going to become harder. I am just not sure what to do without her just turning from the Boost, which is not an option at this time.
Prizes/bribes do not work. She wants nothing to do with it out of a cup. Yet she drinks everything else from a cup...
Any more suggestions?

ashmomo

Any more suggestions?

ashmomo

Any more suggestions?

ashmomo

<br />We have a new baby on the way and it is going to become harder. I am just not sure what to do without her just turning from the Boost, which is not an option at this time.
<br />Prizes/bribes do not work. She wants nothing to do with it out of a cup. Yet she drinks everything else from a cup...
<br />Any more suggestions?

ehtansky21

a baby on the way....may be the reasoning!!!! i would almost drop the issue until the new baby arrives. I actually waited until 3 months after Caleb was born to start potty training Ethan and he was almost 4. Kids are so darn observant and know changes are a comin' and growing up is not a concern to them during that adjustment.
blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

a baby on the way....may be the reasoning!!!! i would almost drop the issue until the new baby arrives. I actually waited until 3 months after Caleb was born to start potty training Ethan and he was almost 4. Kids are so darn observant and know changes are a comin' and growing up is not a concern to them during that adjustment.
blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

blessings,
missa

ehtansky21

<br />blessings,
<br />missa