can't tell if pain is from lung or muscle

randomgirl

I've had this pain in my right lung area and I can't tell if it's from a lung infection or just a muscle thing. I just had a lung infection but I recently ended my iv treatments so it should be better. It hurts when I breath in which doesn't bother me but it's just getting worse. After I exercise (just some walking) then it hurts more. This may seem so obvious to some but I don't know. Anyone know how I can tell if it's from my lung or just a muscle? Thanks

randomgirl

I've had this pain in my right lung area and I can't tell if it's from a lung infection or just a muscle thing. I just had a lung infection but I recently ended my iv treatments so it should be better. It hurts when I breath in which doesn't bother me but it's just getting worse. After I exercise (just some walking) then it hurts more. This may seem so obvious to some but I don't know. Anyone know how I can tell if it's from my lung or just a muscle? Thanks

randomgirl

randomgirl

randomgirl

theLostMiler

Hmm it might be pleuralsy (spelling?). I am not guaranteeing anything. I had some chest pain that got worse throughout a day once... hurt the worst when breathing in. I ended up going to the ER b/c I didnt know if was a collasped lung or what since I never had that and didnt know what kind of pain to expect with something like that. It was the day after being discharged from a 2 week hospital stay and after stopping pretty much 6 months of IVs too.

The ER guy comes in and says, "You have pneumonia" and I said, "No, I have Cystic Fibrosis" haha...

After taking it all in, they just said it was Pleuralsy with is like when the lining or something of the lung gets irritated or like inflammed. He said I was still moving air and such and but after the IV pain med of Torredol (Try to never do Morphine or the "d" one which is like 10x the power of morphine but those are narcotics which affect respiratory most)... I did get a Rx for vicotin but never needed it... it pretty much disappeared the next day but I think I took some ibuprofen while it was still hurting.

I imagine walking might have inflammed it more. At the time I was doing the percussor pretty often (more than the vest) so I just let that area "heal" and stuck with the vest for airway clearance.

Hope thats all it is...

theLostMiler

Hmm it might be pleuralsy (spelling?). I am not guaranteeing anything. I had some chest pain that got worse throughout a day once... hurt the worst when breathing in. I ended up going to the ER b/c I didnt know if was a collasped lung or what since I never had that and didnt know what kind of pain to expect with something like that. It was the day after being discharged from a 2 week hospital stay and after stopping pretty much 6 months of IVs too.

The ER guy comes in and says, "You have pneumonia" and I said, "No, I have Cystic Fibrosis" haha...

After taking it all in, they just said it was Pleuralsy with is like when the lining or something of the lung gets irritated or like inflammed. He said I was still moving air and such and but after the IV pain med of Torredol (Try to never do Morphine or the "d" one which is like 10x the power of morphine but those are narcotics which affect respiratory most)... I did get a Rx for vicotin but never needed it... it pretty much disappeared the next day but I think I took some ibuprofen while it was still hurting.

I imagine walking might have inflammed it more. At the time I was doing the percussor pretty often (more than the vest) so I just let that area "heal" and stuck with the vest for airway clearance.

Hope thats all it is...

theLostMiler

Hope thats all it is...

theLostMiler

Hope thats all it is...

theLostMiler

<br />
<br />The ER guy comes in and says, "You have pneumonia" and I said, "No, I have Cystic Fibrosis" haha...
<br />
<br />After taking it all in, they just said it was Pleuralsy with is like when the lining or something of the lung gets irritated or like inflammed. He said I was still moving air and such and but after the IV pain med of Torredol (Try to never do Morphine or the "d" one which is like 10x the power of morphine but those are narcotics which affect respiratory most)... I did get a Rx for vicotin but never needed it... it pretty much disappeared the next day but I think I took some ibuprofen while it was still hurting.
<br />
<br />I imagine walking might have inflammed it more. At the time I was doing the percussor pretty often (more than the vest) so I just let that area "heal" and stuck with the vest for airway clearance.
<br />
<br />Hope thats all it is...

luv2run

I can't tell if pain is from lung or muscle

I just had this happen to me! It turned out to be a pulled muscle. The pain was unbearable when breathing in. I went to the walk-in clinic and asked for a chest x-ray. They gave me vicodin and I had some muscle relaxers on hand. It was gone in a few days. Good luck! I hope that's all it is for you too.

luv2run

I just had this happen to me! It turned out to be a pulled muscle. The pain was unbearable when breathing in. I went to the walk-in clinic and asked for a chest x-ray. They gave me vicodin and I had some muscle relaxers on hand. It was gone in a few days. Good luck! I hope that's all it is for you too.

luv2run

luv2run

luv2run

missT

hi, I am going through that right now. I am going on week three of pain. It is on the left side right under arm pit. I have had a collapsed lung on the right so I was very concerned. I had a CT scan and my doc said it wasnt a collapse. They really dont know but I have just been dealing with it. I have had really bad infections before and it feels like this...I have also broken ribs and it feels like this too....I am in your boat.

missT

hi, I am going through that right now. I am going on week three of pain. It is on the left side right under arm pit. I have had a collapsed lung on the right so I was very concerned. I had a CT scan and my doc said it wasnt a collapse. They really dont know but I have just been dealing with it. I have had really bad infections before and it feels like this...I have also broken ribs and it feels like this too....I am in your boat.

missT

missT

missT