CF and the Digestive System

S

shortcody23

I am fifteen years old and I have CF. I have always had a lot more problems with my digestive system than anything else. I have Lactose Intollerance, Gerd, Gastroparesis, Bacterial Overgrowth Syndrom, Ulcers, and Pancreatic Insuffiency just to name a few. I have always had problems with weight and eating in general. I can never go through the day with having these herendous pains. I know that a lot of you go through the same things too. I was just wondering if any of you had some tips to gaining weight and anything you do to help with these pains and help to gain weight. I am hardly ever hungry and ever since I was released from the hospital which was about 2 months ago I have lost weight. I have lost between 10 to 15 pounds. I am really struggling with this. I have got my family worried. It seemed for a while that I was doing better bt now I have gotten worse. I have 3 or 4 surgeries that I am waiting on to see how much worse my condition is. The doctors have tried all the medicines that are treatable for my symptoms and nothing has worked. I just wanted to kno if anyone has gone through this and if they had any advice. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cody

S

shortcody23

I am fifteen years old and I have CF. I have always had a lot more problems with my digestive system than anything else. I have Lactose Intollerance, Gerd, Gastroparesis, Bacterial Overgrowth Syndrom, Ulcers, and Pancreatic Insuffiency just to name a few. I have always had problems with weight and eating in general. I can never go through the day with having these herendous pains. I know that a lot of you go through the same things too. I was just wondering if any of you had some tips to gaining weight and anything you do to help with these pains and help to gain weight. I am hardly ever hungry and ever since I was released from the hospital which was about 2 months ago I have lost weight. I have lost between 10 to 15 pounds. I am really struggling with this. I have got my family worried. It seemed for a while that I was doing better bt now I have gotten worse. I have 3 or 4 surgeries that I am waiting on to see how much worse my condition is. The doctors have tried all the medicines that are treatable for my symptoms and nothing has worked. I just wanted to kno if anyone has gone through this and if they had any advice. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cody

S

shortcody23

Thanks,
Cody

S

shortcody23

Thanks,
Cody

S

shortcody23

<br />
<br />Thanks,
<br />Cody

labellavita

Have you had any abdominal surgeries yet? I was having moderate pain with severe episodes for about 10 years then finally went in for a diagnostic laproscopy. They punctured my intestines with the scope. Apparently, the surgery I had when i was a baby had caused such scar tissue that my intestines had lesioned to other body parts, thus causing pain. Since the surgery, the pain has been 10 fold due to additional scarring (because of the emergency of the surgery after their mistake, care wasn't taken to cut and close as clean as could've been). My advice is to do whatever you have to to manage the pain. Once the pain is subdued t he eating will be easier and you can start gaining your weight back. Since I can't eat too much because of the pain, I make sure to have 2 yogurt smoothies a day and 2 ensure plus's a day to get at least some calories in. Anyways, I'm not sure that blabbing on helped you any, but finding a way to manage the pain sufficiently will greatly increase your value of life.

labellavita

Have you had any abdominal surgeries yet? I was having moderate pain with severe episodes for about 10 years then finally went in for a diagnostic laproscopy. They punctured my intestines with the scope. Apparently, the surgery I had when i was a baby had caused such scar tissue that my intestines had lesioned to other body parts, thus causing pain. Since the surgery, the pain has been 10 fold due to additional scarring (because of the emergency of the surgery after their mistake, care wasn't taken to cut and close as clean as could've been). My advice is to do whatever you have to to manage the pain. Once the pain is subdued t he eating will be easier and you can start gaining your weight back. Since I can't eat too much because of the pain, I make sure to have 2 yogurt smoothies a day and 2 ensure plus's a day to get at least some calories in. Anyways, I'm not sure that blabbing on helped you any, but finding a way to manage the pain sufficiently will greatly increase your value of life.

labellavita

labellavita

labellavita

S

shortcody23

Thanks,
I have had a few different surgeries but nothing has really helped but I am going to have a few other prcedures later on this year to see if they can do anything. I hope it helps. Thanks for your advice I will defintely use it.

Thanks, Cody

S

shortcody23

Thanks,
I have had a few different surgeries but nothing has really helped but I am going to have a few other prcedures later on this year to see if they can do anything. I hope it helps. Thanks for your advice I will defintely use it.

Thanks, Cody

S

shortcody23

Thanks,

Thanks, Cody

S

shortcody23

Thanks,

Thanks, Cody

S

shortcody23

Thanks,
<br />I have had a few different surgeries but nothing has really helped but I am going to have a few other prcedures later on this year to see if they can do anything. I hope it helps. Thanks for your advice I will defintely use it.
<br />
<br />Thanks, Cody