CF Clinic Dietician

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Well, our insurance company sent us a letter a few months ago saying they would not cover our sons dietitian anymore. I then had the CF Team write a letter to explain why he sees a dietian more often than he would if he didn't have CF. Well, I recieved a letter addressed to our CF Doc..It was a copy for us...It stated that this service is part of the "Benefit Exculision and Limitations" reads: "Education programs".

So, Should I fight for them to pay for it or just chalk it up and pay out of pocket to see her at clinic? Wondering if anyone has any advise.

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Well, our insurance company sent us a letter a few months ago saying they would not cover our sons dietitian anymore. I then had the CF Team write a letter to explain why he sees a dietian more often than he would if he didn't have CF. Well, I recieved a letter addressed to our CF Doc..It was a copy for us...It stated that this service is part of the "Benefit Exculision and Limitations" reads: "Education programs".

So, Should I fight for them to pay for it or just chalk it up and pay out of pocket to see her at clinic? Wondering if anyone has any advise.

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah

SARAHSARAH253

Hi there,
<br />
<br />Well, our insurance company sent us a letter a few months ago saying they would not cover our sons dietitian anymore. I then had the CF Team write a letter to explain why he sees a dietian more often than he would if he didn't have CF. Well, I recieved a letter addressed to our CF Doc..It was a copy for us...It stated that this service is part of the "Benefit Exculision and Limitations" reads: "Education programs".
<br />
<br />So, Should I fight for them to pay for it or just chalk it up and pay out of pocket to see her at clinic? Wondering if anyone has any advise.
<br />
<br />Thanks,
<br />
<br />Sarah

JazzysMom

I never had this issue because our dietician is included with the clinic/doctor charge.

I would appeal. It cant hurt.....

JazzysMom

I never had this issue because our dietician is included with the clinic/doctor charge.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I would appeal. It cant hurt.....

M

Mommafirst

I would appeal it. You might also see if the CF center can do the billing combined, our is that way.

Overall you gotta figure out, what is it going to cost you out of pocket to see her vs. what will it cost you if you make a fuss and your insurance company is going to look for other things to deny you? Is this legitimately something that they can deny (check your policy) or do you feel this is something that they are just trying to get away with and hope you won't appeal??

M

Mommafirst

I would appeal it. You might also see if the CF center can do the billing combined, our is that way.

Overall you gotta figure out, what is it going to cost you out of pocket to see her vs. what will it cost you if you make a fuss and your insurance company is going to look for other things to deny you? Is this legitimately something that they can deny (check your policy) or do you feel this is something that they are just trying to get away with and hope you won't appeal??

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />Overall you gotta figure out, what is it going to cost you out of pocket to see her vs. what will it cost you if you make a fuss and your insurance company is going to look for other things to deny you? Is this legitimately something that they can deny (check your policy) or do you feel this is something that they are just trying to get away with and hope you won't appeal??

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Sarah,

I would appeal it. I can be a little testy with the insurance company. Would they rather have your child in nutiritonal failure, need to be hospitalized which is more expensive than a dietician consult as your CF doc and the CFF recommends for all CF patients. I had a ridiculous fight with our insurance company about reimbursing for PFT's to be read by a doctor; they would reimburse for the PFT but not to pay the doc to read it...Finally after a few months a a few phone calls; they paid it...Some of the people you are dealing with just spit out info from a computer and have no concept of health care.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Sarah,

I would appeal it. I can be a little testy with the insurance company. Would they rather have your child in nutiritonal failure, need to be hospitalized which is more expensive than a dietician consult as your CF doc and the CFF recommends for all CF patients. I had a ridiculous fight with our insurance company about reimbursing for PFT's to be read by a doctor; they would reimburse for the PFT but not to pay the doc to read it...Finally after a few months a a few phone calls; they paid it...Some of the people you are dealing with just spit out info from a computer and have no concept of health care.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Sarah,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Sarah,

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Sarah,