CF patients being friends with CF patients

Malachy10000000

I have six siblings and four of them have CF. Other than them I don' know anyone else with CF. I want to be able to have a friend who has the same disease as me in which we could understand each other, but there are not may people in my area with CF. But I wonder because of the chance of spreading multi-drug resistant bacteria with one another can two CF patients realisticly be friends? I have some friends but none of them can truly understand what it's like to have CF.

Malachy10000000

I have six siblings and four of them have CF. Other than them I don' know anyone else with CF. I want to be able to have a friend who has the same disease as me in which we could understand each other, but there are not may people in my area with CF. But I wonder because of the chance of spreading multi-drug resistant bacteria with one another can two CF patients realisticly be friends? I have some friends but none of them can truly understand what it's like to have CF.

Malachy10000000

Malachy10000000

Malachy10000000

robert321

It isn't very practical to get to know another cfer in person. You're right about trading bacterias, that's a serious issue, that's the reason they tell us to stay 6 feet from other people with cf. Going into a restaurant and asking the waiter for neighboring tables also isn't very practical. Not to mention finding someone in your area with cf.
However, I do have several friends with cf. You're right it is nice to have friends that you can come talk to that know exactly how you feel. I wasn't diagnosed till a few years ago then soon after that I found this site. Since then I've made friends and aquaintances that I'll never forget. Hang around the site for a while. Read up on the forums and blogs. Join us in the evening chat. I don't think there's anyone that can say they haven't learned a lot that is valuable.

robert321

It isn't very practical to get to know another cfer in person. You're right about trading bacterias, that's a serious issue, that's the reason they tell us to stay 6 feet from other people with cf. Going into a restaurant and asking the waiter for neighboring tables also isn't very practical. Not to mention finding someone in your area with cf.
However, I do have several friends with cf. You're right it is nice to have friends that you can come talk to that know exactly how you feel. I wasn't diagnosed till a few years ago then soon after that I found this site. Since then I've made friends and aquaintances that I'll never forget. Hang around the site for a while. Read up on the forums and blogs. Join us in the evening chat. I don't think there's anyone that can say they haven't learned a lot that is valuable.

robert321

robert321

robert321

<br />However, I do have several friends with cf. You're right it is nice to have friends that you can come talk to that know exactly how you feel. I wasn't diagnosed till a few years ago then soon after that I found this site. Since then I've made friends and aquaintances that I'll never forget. Hang around the site for a while. Read up on the forums and blogs. Join us in the evening chat. I don't think there's anyone that can say they haven't learned a lot that is valuable.

Lance2020x

My brother also has CF, but every person deals with their CF in a different way, so even my brother and I, though we understand each other better than anyone else, don't see eye to eye on many things. I've met some very interesting people through this site, only one who, though we've never met in person, I consider one of my dearest friends because she and I seem to just 'get' each other and our similar (yet different) experiences.
Don't get discouraged if you don't hit it off with some other CFers from the site! Everybody is different and that's a great thing, you can learn and grow from each other.
As for meeting in person... you can always wear masks! If you are outgoing, there are many people who, when they go to a CF clinic appointment, put on a surgical mask and just start talking to all the other patients in the room. Ask your doctor about it, if you wear a mask and wash your hands afterwards etc. I don't think there is much risk!

Lance2020x

My brother also has CF, but every person deals with their CF in a different way, so even my brother and I, though we understand each other better than anyone else, don't see eye to eye on many things. I've met some very interesting people through this site, only one who, though we've never met in person, I consider one of my dearest friends because she and I seem to just 'get' each other and our similar (yet different) experiences.
Don't get discouraged if you don't hit it off with some other CFers from the site! Everybody is different and that's a great thing, you can learn and grow from each other.
As for meeting in person... you can always wear masks! If you are outgoing, there are many people who, when they go to a CF clinic appointment, put on a surgical mask and just start talking to all the other patients in the room. Ask your doctor about it, if you wear a mask and wash your hands afterwards etc. I don't think there is much risk!

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

<br />Don't get discouraged if you don't hit it off with some other CFers from the site! Everybody is different and that's a great thing, you can learn and grow from each other.
<br />As for meeting in person... you can always wear masks! If you are outgoing, there are many people who, when they go to a CF clinic appointment, put on a surgical mask and just start talking to all the other patients in the room. Ask your doctor about it, if you wear a mask and wash your hands afterwards etc. I don't think there is much risk!

GinMiley

I have CF and have friends with CF. No its not really practical but they are people I will never forget. They understand what you are going through and help make you feel better about certain issues. Yeah I hang around with them but we have the exact same genotypes and were masks. So yeah go find you some friends.

GinMiley

I have CF and have friends with CF. No its not really practical but they are people I will never forget. They understand what you are going through and help make you feel better about certain issues. Yeah I hang around with them but we have the exact same genotypes and were masks. So yeah go find you some friends.

GinMiley

GinMiley

GinMiley