CF school supplies

Rebjane

Super Moderator
As my daughter gets older and is independent in her care; her backpack has a pocket full of CF health items. Albuterol inhaler, cough drops, Flutter valve.sometimes small thing of tums. Lunch box carries enzymes, sodium bicarb and salt packets, G2 and bottled water. Once cold flu season starts usually throw is Purell and tissues. What items do you send? I realize not all school let kids self carry meds but our school has been fine on these things thus far

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS is also able to self carry meds. I send a big bottle of enzymes for his locker, smaller one for his backpack. A small bottle which carries an antibiotic he takes 4 times a day to take with his lunch. Protein bars in case he gets hungry in school. Hanging hand sanitizer bottle for his backpack. Salt packets for when his school lunch isn't salty enough for him or if he sweats a lot. If he doesn't eat school lunch I pack a lunchable (High in salt and calories). Now that he's a sweaty stinky teenager and nobody takes a shower at this age his gym locker contains deodorant AND I got him some athletic (shower) wipes for his armpits and face. I would HOPE each classroom has tissues because each student was required to buy 4 large boxes of Kleenex at the beginning of the school year.