Chiropractors and CF

arche4life

I was reading in some resent literature about CF that going to the chiropractor can be a good way for people with CF to manage chronic pain. I have been struggling with constant pain for about a year and a half and I have been looking for different forms of relief that don't revolve around medication.

Does anyone here with CF go to the chiropractor? Does it help? Are there any forms of pain management you would recommend???

arche4life

I was reading in some resent literature about CF that going to the chiropractor can be a good way for people with CF to manage chronic pain. I have been struggling with constant pain for about a year and a half and I have been looking for different forms of relief that don't revolve around medication.

Does anyone here with CF go to the chiropractor? Does it help? Are there any forms of pain management you would recommend???

arche4life

arche4life

arche4life

<br />
<br />Does anyone here with CF go to the chiropractor? Does it help? Are there any forms of pain management you would recommend???

JazzysMom

I am not sure about the "chronic pain", but I have seen many benefits from a chiropractor.

I, initially, went because my back was out. It hurt to breath, stand, walk, open my eyes (ok maybe not that lol). It took a few weeks to adjust me back, but it was worth it.

Our bodies go through a lot & I have returned periodically to him over the years for adjustments here & there.

I can tell you that my pfts went up dramatically after my initial adjustment. Sadly tho that was the only time they improved from the chiropractic care. I also had "gallbladder" type issues that were corrected from the care.

I have a friend with terrible asthma & sinus issues that goes occaisionally & being adjusted works. Now I use to laugh at her going, but then I got thinking....

When I have a head cold & my nose is stuffed up. Often times I can move my head to a certain position & it opens up the airways so there is something to the whole idea.

Many people shy away from them & I will say that you need to be careful because not all Chiropractors are good & will keep you coming back. That gives the whole practice a bad reputation.

Another thing that is great for pain management (tho I havent personally tried it just know TONS of people who have) is accupuncture. It uses the trigger/pressure points of the body that are connected to different areas.

Good Luck~~

JazzysMom

I am not sure about the "chronic pain", but I have seen many benefits from a chiropractor.

I, initially, went because my back was out. It hurt to breath, stand, walk, open my eyes (ok maybe not that lol). It took a few weeks to adjust me back, but it was worth it.

Our bodies go through a lot & I have returned periodically to him over the years for adjustments here & there.

I can tell you that my pfts went up dramatically after my initial adjustment. Sadly tho that was the only time they improved from the chiropractic care. I also had "gallbladder" type issues that were corrected from the care.

I have a friend with terrible asthma & sinus issues that goes occaisionally & being adjusted works. Now I use to laugh at her going, but then I got thinking....

When I have a head cold & my nose is stuffed up. Often times I can move my head to a certain position & it opens up the airways so there is something to the whole idea.

Many people shy away from them & I will say that you need to be careful because not all Chiropractors are good & will keep you coming back. That gives the whole practice a bad reputation.

Another thing that is great for pain management (tho I havent personally tried it just know TONS of people who have) is accupuncture. It uses the trigger/pressure points of the body that are connected to different areas.

Good Luck~~

JazzysMom

Good Luck~~

JazzysMom

Good Luck~~

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />I, initially, went because my back was out. It hurt to breath, stand, walk, open my eyes (ok maybe not that lol). It took a few weeks to adjust me back, but it was worth it.
<br />
<br />Our bodies go through a lot & I have returned periodically to him over the years for adjustments here & there.
<br />
<br />I can tell you that my pfts went up dramatically after my initial adjustment. Sadly tho that was the only time they improved from the chiropractic care. I also had "gallbladder" type issues that were corrected from the care.
<br />
<br />I have a friend with terrible asthma & sinus issues that goes occaisionally & being adjusted works. Now I use to laugh at her going, but then I got thinking....
<br />
<br />When I have a head cold & my nose is stuffed up. Often times I can move my head to a certain position & it opens up the airways so there is something to the whole idea.
<br />
<br />Many people shy away from them & I will say that you need to be careful because not all Chiropractors are good & will keep you coming back. That gives the whole practice a bad reputation.
<br />
<br />Another thing that is great for pain management (tho I havent personally tried it just know TONS of people who have) is accupuncture. It uses the trigger/pressure points of the body that are connected to different areas.
<br />
<br />Good Luck~~

LouLou

I use chiropractic as part of my care regimin. It used to be just to correct the spinal manipulation that coughing would do to my back and neck. Lately though with 3 pulled intercostals, going to the chiro has been for pain management because the rib heads in the back would become immobilized and then stress would result at the costal-cartiledge region (in front in line with nipple). I am now using massage as part of my correct care as well.

LouLou

I use chiropractic as part of my care regimin. It used to be just to correct the spinal manipulation that coughing would do to my back and neck. Lately though with 3 pulled intercostals, going to the chiro has been for pain management because the rib heads in the back would become immobilized and then stress would result at the costal-cartiledge region (in front in line with nipple). I am now using massage as part of my correct care as well.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

soderick

This is something I've been wanting to ask. I went to a chiropractor once when I coughed a rib out of place, but I've never gone just for an alignment. In the past few months, I've been feeling like I want to see one because I can feel my back out of alignment, and I feel like it's keeping me from fully engaging in lung clearance. The problem is that I have osteopoenia and am on Foxamax for it. I don't know how safe it is to see a chiropractor when I have weak bones. Any ideas about that?

soderick

This is something I've been wanting to ask. I went to a chiropractor once when I coughed a rib out of place, but I've never gone just for an alignment. In the past few months, I've been feeling like I want to see one because I can feel my back out of alignment, and I feel like it's keeping me from fully engaging in lung clearance. The problem is that I have osteopoenia and am on Foxamax for it. I don't know how safe it is to see a chiropractor when I have weak bones. Any ideas about that?

soderick

soderick

soderick