Choosing to have another child...without the risk of CF

bgsmom

My husband and I have decided not to have more biological children due to the risk of having another CF child. However, we are considering sperm or egg donation.

We have had two successful pregnancies and have no problem having more children on our own. However, we do not believe we can handle the grief, time and expense of another chronically sick child.

Has anyone else looked into other methods (such as sperm/egg donation or adoption) of having more children?

bgsmom

My husband and I have decided not to have more biological children due to the risk of having another CF child. However, we are considering sperm or egg donation.

We have had two successful pregnancies and have no problem having more children on our own. However, we do not believe we can handle the grief, time and expense of another chronically sick child.

Has anyone else looked into other methods (such as sperm/egg donation or adoption) of having more children?

bgsmom

bgsmom

bgsmom

<br />
<br />We have had two successful pregnancies and have no problem having more children on our own. However, we do not believe we can handle the grief, time and expense of another chronically sick child.
<br />
<br />Has anyone else looked into other methods (such as sperm/egg donation or adoption) of having more children?
<br />
<br />

HappyHearts

I haven't researched a ton, but I can tell you from what I read, sperm donation is by far the easiest and least expensive of the three.

HappyHearts

I haven't researched a ton, but I can tell you from what I read, sperm donation is by far the easiest and least expensive of the three.

HappyHearts

HappyHearts

HappyHearts

M

mneville

We chose the IVF/PGD route and had a healthy baby. Check out genesisgenetics.com

Megan

M

mneville

We chose the IVF/PGD route and had a healthy baby. Check out genesisgenetics.com

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

Megan

M

mneville

<br />
<br />Megan

S

sdelorenzo

We looked into Snowflakes embryo donation through Nightlight Adoption Services in CA. In the end, we ended up having our own baby.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 11 months no cf

S

sdelorenzo

We looked into Snowflakes embryo donation through Nightlight Adoption Services in CA. In the end, we ended up having our own baby.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 11 months no cf