Coughing making your voice hoarse?

randomgirl

I've been coughing alot lately (but I'm on iv antibiotics which isn't really helping but anyways...) and my voice has been hoarse for over 2 weeks now. Sometimes I can barely talk and other times I just sound hoarse. This happens to my voice at least once a year but it usually only lasts a few days. Does this happen to alot of other CFers?

randomgirl

I've been coughing alot lately (but I'm on iv antibiotics which isn't really helping but anyways...) and my voice has been hoarse for over 2 weeks now. Sometimes I can barely talk and other times I just sound hoarse. This happens to my voice at least once a year but it usually only lasts a few days. Does this happen to alot of other CFers?

randomgirl

randomgirl

randomgirl

sidekickj

Hey There-
That happens to my voice quite frequently. If I am starting to get sick and then go down hill, coughing hard for several days...I don't sound like myself for days to weeks. This also happens when changes are made with inhaled meds. During a cycle of tobi, the first week always makes me sound like a frog. I wouldn't worry about it too much...unless you have a sore throat.

sidekickj

Hey There-
That happens to my voice quite frequently. If I am starting to get sick and then go down hill, coughing hard for several days...I don't sound like myself for days to weeks. This also happens when changes are made with inhaled meds. During a cycle of tobi, the first week always makes me sound like a frog. I wouldn't worry about it too much...unless you have a sore throat.

sidekickj

Hey There-

sidekickj

Hey There-

sidekickj

Hey There-
<br />That happens to my voice quite frequently. If I am starting to get sick and then go down hill, coughing hard for several days...I don't sound like myself for days to weeks. This also happens when changes are made with inhaled meds. During a cycle of tobi, the first week always makes me sound like a frog. I wouldn't worry about it too much...unless you have a sore throat.

LouLou

This happens periodically to all cfers. Perhaps our body adjusts or should I say our voice box gets permanently damaged and thus we all end up having similar sounding voices. Would you say you have a cf voice yet? Maybe you are a work in progress. How old are you?
I had a cf voice by 8th grade.

LouLou

This happens periodically to all cfers. Perhaps our body adjusts or should I say our voice box gets permanently damaged and thus we all end up having similar sounding voices. Would you say you have a cf voice yet? Maybe you are a work in progress. How old are you?

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

<br />I had a cf voice by 8th grade.