coughing up white bubbly mucous

MOME2RT

The last 2 mornings he has been coughing this up, I cant tell if its saliva mixed in with it or if its someting else. Can you help me out...have yall coughed up stuff like this. Reece has never really coughed up stuff AND spit it out. Its probably normal BUT just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

thelizardqueen

If its white that means there's no infection. I've been told that yellow and green mean infection. If its white, it could very well be an excess of just spit and flem.

MCPappy

Sometimes when I am coughing up stuff it gets bubbly and though its pretty gross at least your coughing it out instead of keeping it inside of you. I wouldnt worry about it if its white (just like liz said) and when it happens to me im not really concerned as long as I can vest and get it out.

Happy Friday!

Haileysmommy

A few weeks aog Hailey coughed up a ton of stuff just like you were describing. It was probably a whole cup ful. I figured it was better out than in.

Seana30

That sounds exactly like what Courtney brings up except she does not cough it up, it just kind of comes up.

Seana

anonymous

Well these past 2 mornings Reece had been coughing all morning and he would say "momma I gotta throw up" and he'd run to the toliet. At first it would be all white and bubbly then he would actually throw up a little milk. I guess cuz his tummy muscles were already worked up it would just come out.
Leah