Coughing!

tesorotiffa

It depends on what kind of cough it is!! If it is a deep productive cough, then I just do an extra treatment or two. If it's a hacky-sinusy irritation cough, I will drink hot coffee, hot water with honey or suck on a cough drop to ease the irritation in my throat!

Other than that, I got nothing else for ya!

tesorotiffa

It depends on what kind of cough it is!! If it is a deep productive cough, then I just do an extra treatment or two. If it's a hacky-sinusy irritation cough, I will drink hot coffee, hot water with honey or suck on a cough drop to ease the irritation in my throat!

Other than that, I got nothing else for ya!

tesorotiffa

<br />
<br />Other than that, I got nothing else for ya!

Printer

Mike:

You really don't want to stop coughing. I know it can be difficult and even embarassing but you want to bring up as much mucus as you can.

Good luck
Bill

Printer

Mike:

You really don't want to stop coughing. I know it can be difficult and even embarassing but you want to bring up as much mucus as you can.

Good luck
Bill

Printer

Mike:
<br />
<br />You really don't want to stop coughing. I know it can be difficult and even embarassing but you want to bring up as much mucus as you can.
<br />
<br />Good luck
<br />Bill

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Coughing is a main part of CF. It can start to cause problems if you are TRYING NOT TO. Doing your treatments everyday should definitely help and exercising too! I agree with Bill.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Coughing is a main part of CF. It can start to cause problems if you are TRYING NOT TO. Doing your treatments everyday should definitely help and exercising too! I agree with Bill.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator

nmw0615

I usually try to not take anything to get rid of a cough, other than upping my treatments. However, if the cough is being disruptive to myself or others, I'll suck on a cough drop or take cough syrup if really necessary. I usually only resort to the syrup if the cough is keeping me from sleeping.

nmw0615

I usually try to not take anything to get rid of a cough, other than upping my treatments. However, if the cough is being disruptive to myself or others, I'll suck on a cough drop or take cough syrup if really necessary. I usually only resort to the syrup if the cough is keeping me from sleeping.

nmw0615

mea6195

when i was in regular school, i'd hold it in all the time because i would get made fun of for coughing to much, and even had an awesome rumor spread around that i had cancer -.- but now that i'm home schooled, i don't do that as often, i heard it's not good for us.

mea6195

when i was in regular school, i'd hold it in all the time because i would get made fun of for coughing to much, and even had an awesome rumor spread around that i had cancer -.- but now that i'm home schooled, i don't do that as often, i heard it's not good for us.

mea6195

even though you want to cough to help break up the mucus, it can be really hard while in school. My son's doctors suggested to take delsym but only when it's not a productive cough, just when my son gets stuck and can't stop coughing to sleep or to concentrate in class. Ask your doctors for sure, it helps my son. He also sucks on cough drops during the school day and sips on gatorade or ice water throughout the class.

even though you want to cough to help break up the mucus, it can be really hard while in school. My son's doctors suggested to take delsym but only when it's not a productive cough, just when my son gets stuck and can't stop coughing to sleep or to concentrate in class. Ask your doctors for sure, it helps my son. He also sucks on cough drops during the school day and sips on gatorade or ice water throughout the class.