Creon enzyme problems

ddanielle

My two year old daughter has cf and doesn't take anything by mouth. Her cf clinic had to switch enzymes to creon when she was on pancreacarb. It wasn't a problem before,since we were able to put it down her gastronomy button, but this creon is not supposed to be put in there. We did try it and it clogged. We were told by her doctor that the only choice was to make her take it by mouth, but we can't get her to swallow it. She cries and makes her self sick with it still in her mouth. The FDA won't approve the pancreacarb that worked with her g tube. Any suggestion?

ddanielle

My two year old daughter has cf and doesn't take anything by mouth. Her cf clinic had to switch enzymes to creon when she was on pancreacarb. It wasn't a problem before,since we were able to put it down her gastronomy button, but this creon is not supposed to be put in there. We did try it and it clogged. We were told by her doctor that the only choice was to make her take it by mouth, but we can't get her to swallow it. She cries and makes her self sick with it still in her mouth. The FDA won't approve the pancreacarb that worked with her g tube. Any suggestion?

ddanielle

rpcvchina

We had an occupational thearpist for our daughter's eating problems and rejecting food in her mouth. She has no problem now. It took about 4 months, but she was less than two years old. Insurance will usually cover it, or there may be a state or county-wide intervention for children before they begin school. Families in our area who have children with autism, delayed speech, etc use this free organization to help with whatever their child needs. There are physical thearpists, occupational thearpists, and a nurse. They also showed us different stomach exercises to do with her after her bowel surgery.

rpcvchina

We had an occupational thearpist for our daughter's eating problems and rejecting food in her mouth. She has no problem now. It took about 4 months, but she was less than two years old. Insurance will usually cover it, or there may be a state or county-wide intervention for children before they begin school. Families in our area who have children with autism, delayed speech, etc use this free organization to help with whatever their child needs. There are physical thearpists, occupational thearpists, and a nurse. They also showed us different stomach exercises to do with her after her bowel surgery.

rpcvchina

DestinyKym

I first had that problem when my son started the pills. I would open them up and place in applesauce and give to him that way. Hopefully that will work for you.

DestinyKym

I first had that problem when my son started the pills. I would open them up and place in applesauce and give to him that way. Hopefully that will work for you.

DestinyKym

M

Mommafirst

See if you can call the CF services pharmacy. As I understand it, they stockpiled the pancreacarb so they can fill it untilt he approval comes through. I thought I read that pancreacarb HAS just been approved, but the company still has to manufacture them with the new labels and that they should be back in "stores" in a few more weeks.

M

Mommafirst

See if you can call the CF services pharmacy. As I understand it, they stockpiled the pancreacarb so they can fill it untilt he approval comes through. I thought I read that pancreacarb HAS just been approved, but the company still has to manufacture them with the new labels and that they should be back in "stores" in a few more weeks.

M

Mommafirst

Milly

I hated taking pills when I was a kid, so my mom tried to make it into a game for me. She used to empty some capsules for her to take and say "if you finish yours before I finish mine you get to ...(insert some type of treat here)..." I dont remember it, but I guess it worked really well. Otherwise, she used to hide it in my food. apple sauce and pudding work, but really anything your daughter will eat you can hide it in

Milly

I hated taking pills when I was a kid, so my mom tried to make it into a game for me. She used to empty some capsules for her to take and say "if you finish yours before I finish mine you get to ...(insert some type of treat here)..." I dont remember it, but I guess it worked really well. Otherwise, she used to hide it in my food. apple sauce and pudding work, but really anything your daughter will eat you can hide it in

Milly

MaryamsMommy

Creon in G-tube. Yes there is a way. But you need a 20 cc slip tip syringe it will fit directly into the hole where you would otherwise put the extention as long as its a mickey.. Mix 1-2 talbespoons apple sauce 1-2 tablespoons water you must play with the concentration. Then empty the enzymes into the mixture mix them up and suck them up with the syring then stick straight into the g-tube and push in. IT WORKS!!! again must be a 20cc slip tip syring.

Good Luck

Karen

MaryamsMommy

Creon in G-tube. Yes there is a way. But you need a 20 cc slip tip syringe it will fit directly into the hole where you would otherwise put the extention as long as its a mickey.. Mix 1-2 talbespoons apple sauce 1-2 tablespoons water you must play with the concentration. Then empty the enzymes into the mixture mix them up and suck them up with the syring then stick straight into the g-tube and push in. IT WORKS!!! again must be a 20cc slip tip syring.

Good Luck

Karen

MaryamsMommy

<br />
<br />Good Luck
<br />
<br />Karen