CVS test

Squirl1003

Those of you with cystic fibrosis or a partner with CF. Did your OB/GYN recommend the CVS test? We have had genetic testing which revealed that my husband is not a carrier (of 96 mutations) and I was diagnosed at birth. I have had bleeding so I am unsure if they would recommend the CVS anyway. I go in on Tuesday..just curious as to what your ob/gyn says...thanks!

Squirl1003

Those of you with cystic fibrosis or a partner with CF. Did your OB/GYN recommend the CVS test? We have had genetic testing which revealed that my husband is not a carrier (of 96 mutations) and I was diagnosed at birth. I have had bleeding so I am unsure if they would recommend the CVS anyway. I go in on Tuesday..just curious as to what your ob/gyn says...thanks!

Squirl1003

Squirl1003

Squirl1003

julie

I've never had CVS nor been a candidate for the procedure. However, why don't they consider doing more extensive testing on your DH rather than needlessly doing a CVS. That would much less invasive and risky. Do you know about ambry (www.ambrygen.com)? They test for about 1200 mutations, all of the ones that are currently known to exist.

julie

I've never had CVS nor been a candidate for the procedure. However, why don't they consider doing more extensive testing on your DH rather than needlessly doing a CVS. That would much less invasive and risky. Do you know about ambry (www.ambrygen.com)? They test for about 1200 mutations, all of the ones that are currently known to exist.

julie

julie

julie

jenhum

My husband was also tested and not found to be a carrier, so my OB did not recommend a CVS. She said that the only mutations a CVS could identify would be the ones that my husband already tested negative for. Now, he had the Ambry test, so I'm not sure if a CVS would pick up any mutations not found by the test your husband had. But I agree with Julie, since there is a risk (small, but still a risk) of miscarriage with a CVS, I'd see if your husband could get the Ambry test instead. Good luck!

jenhum

My husband was also tested and not found to be a carrier, so my OB did not recommend a CVS. She said that the only mutations a CVS could identify would be the ones that my husband already tested negative for. Now, he had the Ambry test, so I'm not sure if a CVS would pick up any mutations not found by the test your husband had. But I agree with Julie, since there is a risk (small, but still a risk) of miscarriage with a CVS, I'd see if your husband could get the Ambry test instead. Good luck!

jenhum

jenhum

jenhum

H

hopesiris

Not sure why they would recommend it for you unless there was a known mutation from your husband or there are other non-CF related risk factors like you are over 35. I had bleeding (brown spotting) with my daughter at 6.5 weeks and did a CVS at 10 weeks with no problem. If you are having red blood that is different, a cause for concern.

H

hopesiris

Not sure why they would recommend it for you unless there was a known mutation from your husband or there are other non-CF related risk factors like you are over 35. I had bleeding (brown spotting) with my daughter at 6.5 weeks and did a CVS at 10 weeks with no problem. If you are having red blood that is different, a cause for concern.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris