Diabetes Question

phutton

Happy Wednesday!!

I was diagnosed with CFRD after taking steroid to treat aspergillus. So once I stopped the steroids and took out my NuvaRing my number dropped to pre-diabetes numbers mostly 130-180 post meals. I am not currently on any insulin-short or long lasting.

Is there anyone who is taking the oral tablets to regulate?

Does everyone take short and long lasting insulin? Can you just use the long lasting one?

What are other options?

Pepsi

phutton

Happy Wednesday!!

I was diagnosed with CFRD after taking steroid to treat aspergillus. So once I stopped the steroids and took out my NuvaRing my number dropped to pre-diabetes numbers mostly 130-180 post meals. I am not currently on any insulin-short or long lasting.

Does everyone take short and long lasting insulin? Can you just use the long lasting one?

What are other options?

Pepsi

phutton

Happy Wednesday!!

What are other options?

Pepsi

phutton

Happy Wednesday!!

What are other options?

Pepsi

phutton

Happy Wednesday!!
<br />
<br />I was diagnosed with CFRD after taking steroid to treat aspergillus. So once I stopped the steroids and took out my NuvaRing my number dropped to pre-diabetes numbers mostly 130-180 post meals. I am not currently on any insulin-short or long lasting.
<br />
<br />Is there anyone who is taking the oral tablets to regulate?
<br />
<br />Does everyone take short and long lasting insulin? Can you just use the long lasting one?
<br />
<br />What are other options?
<br />
<br />Pepsi
<br />

pjspiegle

Prior to Nathan going onto the insulin pump, he took Novolog, short acting insulin, with his meals. They can figure out a carb to insulin ratio for you for dosing. It sounds like this might be a better option than long acting stuff would be.

pjspiegle

Prior to Nathan going onto the insulin pump, he took Novolog, short acting insulin, with his meals. They can figure out a carb to insulin ratio for you for dosing. It sounds like this might be a better option than long acting stuff would be.

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

pjspiegle

<br />
<br />

Diane

I used to use just the NPH ( long acting) for years and only used Regular ( short acting) here and there as needed. But in order to eat more i have been using short acting at night after dinner so i can eat more thru the evening. There are times i dont need any short acting at all at night because my blood sugars are doing well without it. Its odd how ever changing cf related diabetes is. There are days i need no insulin at all, (usually right before my period) and i'll still have low blood sugar. ~Interesting~

Diane

I used to use just the NPH ( long acting) for years and only used Regular ( short acting) here and there as needed. But in order to eat more i have been using short acting at night after dinner so i can eat more thru the evening. There are times i dont need any short acting at all at night because my blood sugars are doing well without it. Its odd how ever changing cf related diabetes is. There are days i need no insulin at all, (usually right before my period) and i'll still have low blood sugar. ~Interesting~

Diane

Diane

Diane

Mockingbird

According to the diabetes booklet my clinic gave me, CFers don't use oral tablets at all. It says they are not reccomended by the CF foundation because there isn't enough research to show the usefulness or safety of using oral medication to treat CFRD.

Mockingbird

According to the diabetes booklet my clinic gave me, CFers don't use oral tablets at all. It says they are not reccomended by the CF foundation because there isn't enough research to show the usefulness or safety of using oral medication to treat CFRD.

Mockingbird

Mockingbird

Mockingbird