Diabetic Breakfasts

mamerth

I am counting my carbs due to CFRD. I do okay for lunch, snacks and supper. Breakfast are getting really boring.

Most mornings I have oatmeal, 2 slices of whole wheat toast with egg and cheese inside. It is getting boring but my sugars are great 2 hours post meal. Anyone have any great suggestions for breakfasts that are 50-60 grams of carbs??

Thank in advance!

mamerth

I am counting my carbs due to CFRD. I do okay for lunch, snacks and supper. Breakfast are getting really boring.

Most mornings I have oatmeal, 2 slices of whole wheat toast with egg and cheese inside. It is getting boring but my sugars are great 2 hours post meal. Anyone have any great suggestions for breakfasts that are 50-60 grams of carbs??

Thank in advance!

mamerth

Thank in advance!

mamerth

Thank in advance!

mamerth

<br />
<br />Most mornings I have oatmeal, 2 slices of whole wheat toast with egg and cheese inside. It is getting boring but my sugars are great 2 hours post meal. Anyone have any great suggestions for breakfasts that are 50-60 grams of carbs??
<br />
<br />Thank in advance!

Cerulean

I have CFRD and I have been told I can eat anything just as long as I account for it. I say have at thee and eat what you want. Although 'normal' people should stay away from fatty foods, I think we are safe. We need the weight. I'd tank up on the breakfast meats- sausage, bacon, and ham. Eggs are cool and you are eating them already. Eat cheese. There are few, if any carbs in that. Hell combine everything and slap toegther an omelet. Make veggie omelets as well. Then there are breakfast muffins with scrambled egg and ham on an english muffin. And who says you have to have a traditional breakfast food for breakfast. Fix yourself a turkey on rye. Go for the gold!

Cerulean

I have CFRD and I have been told I can eat anything just as long as I account for it. I say have at thee and eat what you want. Although 'normal' people should stay away from fatty foods, I think we are safe. We need the weight. I'd tank up on the breakfast meats- sausage, bacon, and ham. Eggs are cool and you are eating them already. Eat cheese. There are few, if any carbs in that. Hell combine everything and slap toegther an omelet. Make veggie omelets as well. Then there are breakfast muffins with scrambled egg and ham on an english muffin. And who says you have to have a traditional breakfast food for breakfast. Fix yourself a turkey on rye. Go for the gold!

Cerulean

Cerulean

Cerulean

mamerth

Yeah, I have just bought some turkey sausage and have been throwing some chopped up hot dogs in breakfast/egg sandwiches. Oh... I forgot about omelets.

Thank for the suggestions!!

mamerth

Yeah, I have just bought some turkey sausage and have been throwing some chopped up hot dogs in breakfast/egg sandwiches. Oh... I forgot about omelets.

mamerth

mamerth

mamerth

<br />
<br />Thank for the suggestions!!

B

bethylove

I am a big fan of toaster strudels (I like my sweets!) so my breakfasts would look something like this:
Oatmeal -27
8 oz. Juice-27
Toaster strudel -26
2 Suasage links - 2
4 oz. of milk - 6
total 88

OR
Egg - 0
1 slice cheese -4
Toaster Strudel -26
8 oz. milk - 12
vanilla yogurt - 25
Total 67 carbs

Like cerulean said, my endocrinologist also told me not to change my diet, but rather accommodate it with the correct amount of insulin. I told him I was addicted to sugar, and he said even that's fine, as long as I account for it when carb counting. Although he did suggest I drink diet soda instead of regular soda, but I flat out told him it wasn't gonna happen. haha. But I have cut down my soda intake.

B

bethylove

I am a big fan of toaster strudels (I like my sweets!) so my breakfasts would look something like this:
Oatmeal -27
8 oz. Juice-27
Toaster strudel -26
2 Suasage links - 2
4 oz. of milk - 6
total 88

OR
Egg - 0
1 slice cheese -4
Toaster Strudel -26
8 oz. milk - 12
vanilla yogurt - 25
Total 67 carbs

Like cerulean said, my endocrinologist also told me not to change my diet, but rather accommodate it with the correct amount of insulin. I told him I was addicted to sugar, and he said even that's fine, as long as I account for it when carb counting. Although he did suggest I drink diet soda instead of regular soda, but I flat out told him it wasn't gonna happen. haha. But I have cut down my soda intake.

B

bethylove

Oatmeal -27
8 oz. Juice-27
Toaster strudel -26
2 Suasage links - 2
4 oz. of milk - 6
total 88

OR
Egg - 0
1 slice cheese -4
Toaster Strudel -26
8 oz. milk - 12
vanilla yogurt - 25
Total 67 carbs

B

bethylove

Oatmeal -27
8 oz. Juice-27
Toaster strudel -26
2 Suasage links - 2
4 oz. of milk - 6
total 88

OR
Egg - 0
1 slice cheese -4
Toaster Strudel -26
8 oz. milk - 12
vanilla yogurt - 25
Total 67 carbs

B

bethylove

<br />Oatmeal -27
<br />8 oz. Juice-27
<br />Toaster strudel -26
<br />2 Suasage links - 2
<br />4 oz. of milk - 6
<br />total 88
<br />
<br />OR
<br />Egg - 0
<br />1 slice cheese -4
<br />Toaster Strudel -26
<br />8 oz. milk - 12
<br />vanilla yogurt - 25
<br />Total 67 carbs
<br />
<br />Like cerulean said, my endocrinologist also told me not to change my diet, but rather accommodate it with the correct amount of insulin. I told him I was addicted to sugar, and he said even that's fine, as long as I account for it when carb counting. Although he did suggest I drink diet soda instead of regular soda, but I flat out told him it wasn't gonna happen. haha. But I have cut down my soda intake.