Do I have to take enzymes with Ensure Plus?

jshet

You need to take enzymes with this formula. My son usually takes 5 with meals, 4 with snacks, and 6 with formula.

Enzo2311

You need to take enzymes with this formula. My son usually takes 5 with meals, 4 with snacks, and 6 with formula.
that's a lot! I take 3 with meals and 2 with snacks. Sometimes if I feel a meal has a to. Of fat I'll take 4.

Gammaw

Super Moderator
Yes. It's high cal and has fat. Generally you only skip enzymes with simple sugars, like fruit, juice, hard candy, flavored waters, etc. We use a snack dose for Ensure, as well as milk based drinks like hot chocolate or plain milk. But feel free to ask your CF dietician. I have her email for those simple quick questions.

D

DebbieS

Yup. Ensure is very heavy and hard to digest, based on my experience. Use whatever fat-to-enzyme ratio is yours. If you don't know yours yet, aim a bit higher than lower. Then pay attention to subequent bathroom results. Yeah, fun fun....

A

Allansarmy

that's a lot! I take 3 with meals and 2 with snacks. Sometimes if I feel a meal has a to. Of fat I'll take 4.

Gotta remember that everyone is different and it can also change from time to time with your body as you get older etc. I would ask the CF doctor to make sure. I would hazzard a guess as to say yes you will need to. However, you might not have to take as many with this.