Do You Have To Be On Oxygen To Get On The Transplant List???

Joblazer86

like that above post stated you don't need to be on o2 to be listed.

i was only on o2 at night and when i exercised but my functions stayed at 17% for almost 3 yrs. so it depends on how your body adjusts to it as well. but once i did list i recieved my transplant in 2 months and i was still not on o2 24/7

Joblazer86

i was only on o2 at night and when i exercised but my functions stayed at 17% for almost 3 yrs. so it depends on how your body adjusts to it as well. but once i did list i recieved my transplant in 2 months and i was still not on o2 24/7

Joblazer86

Joblazer86

Joblazer86

<br />
<br />i was only on o2 at night and when i exercised but my functions stayed at 17% for almost 3 yrs. so it depends on how your body adjusts to it as well. but once i did list i recieved my transplant in 2 months and i was still not on o2 24/7

nu65

I agree with Transplantmommy. The more often you're on O2, the quicker you'll get the call. My dr told me there are three main factors they look at; the disease (CF puts us high on the list, yay), your PFT numbers (yours are low enough to be listed in my opinion) and amount of O2 you require. I was listed almost 3 months ago with about 20% FEV1 and only nightime oxygen. Like you, I'm hoping to never have to lug O2 with me during the day. With CF, you never really know. We all have such different circumstances.

nu65

I agree with Transplantmommy. The more often you're on O2, the quicker you'll get the call. My dr told me there are three main factors they look at; the disease (CF puts us high on the list, yay), your PFT numbers (yours are low enough to be listed in my opinion) and amount of O2 you require. I was listed almost 3 months ago with about 20% FEV1 and only nightime oxygen. Like you, I'm hoping to never have to lug O2 with me during the day. With CF, you never really know. We all have such different circumstances.

nu65

nu65

nu65

T

tarheel

Well- I'm not listed yet either (I'm 16 btw) but my doc said when my pfts (FEV1 specifically) are at about 30% then it would be time to be evaluated. He said the earlier you could be listed the better tho- because in his opinion if you're listed at 30 you still have "some" function. (Apparently he's never had an fev1 of 30) Luckily now though mine is only in that threshold when I'm sick.

T

tarheel

Well- I'm not listed yet either (I'm 16 btw) but my doc said when my pfts (FEV1 specifically) are at about 30% then it would be time to be evaluated. He said the earlier you could be listed the better tho- because in his opinion if you're listed at 30 you still have "some" function. (Apparently he's never had an fev1 of 30) Luckily now though mine is only in that threshold when I'm sick.

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel