Doctor's Appointment

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Last March after an particularly dreadful local CF clinic appointment, DH and I decided we weren't going back. Number of issues -- crowded community waiting room. Apppointment starting at 8 and not seeing a soul until 9:40... We see a CF doctor in the City every 4-6 months, but had wanted to establish a rapport with someone locally. Thought about switching local clinics, but decided to go see DS's regular Peds doctor who runs the local cf center, which has since become an accreditted CFF center.

So yesterday we told him that we weren't comfortable attending to cf clinic and would prefer going to him. Don't know why I was so nervous, guess I though we were going to be blackballed. They're actually probably relieved to get rid of us trouble makers.

So Max's weight & height are still above the 50th percentile (39.5 inches tall and 35.3 pounds). They did a culture. He wasn't due for labs, etc. until March, so we're going to wait and schedule those when he has his well child appointment this summer.

What I find is surprising is how the doctor always seems so surprised at Max's energy, general health... Kept trying to find excuses as to why he isn't sickly. Must go to a small daycare -- nope huge center. Well, same group of kids must share all the same germs... Oh well, I can stop worrying about dealing with the CF clinic and all that drama.

Am worried about his culture results, as usual. Worried the other shoe is going to drop...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Last March after an particularly dreadful local CF clinic appointment, DH and I decided we weren't going back. Number of issues -- crowded community waiting room. Apppointment starting at 8 and not seeing a soul until 9:40... We see a CF doctor in the City every 4-6 months, but had wanted to establish a rapport with someone locally. Thought about switching local clinics, but decided to go see DS's regular Peds doctor who runs the local cf center, which has since become an accreditted CFF center.

So yesterday we told him that we weren't comfortable attending to cf clinic and would prefer going to him. Don't know why I was so nervous, guess I though we were going to be blackballed. They're actually probably relieved to get rid of us trouble makers.

So Max's weight & height are still above the 50th percentile (39.5 inches tall and 35.3 pounds). They did a culture. He wasn't due for labs, etc. until March, so we're going to wait and schedule those when he has his well child appointment this summer.

What I find is surprising is how the doctor always seems so surprised at Max's energy, general health... Kept trying to find excuses as to why he isn't sickly. Must go to a small daycare -- nope huge center. Well, same group of kids must share all the same germs... Oh well, I can stop worrying about dealing with the CF clinic and all that drama.

Am worried about his culture results, as usual. Worried the other shoe is going to drop...

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

britles79

Good luck with the culture results. We are always nervous about this too!!! Let us know how it turns out!!! Sounds like you guys are doing a great job keeping him healthy!!

britles79

Good luck with the culture results. We are always nervous about this too!!! Let us know how it turns out!!! Sounds like you guys are doing a great job keeping him healthy!!

britles79