Electromed Smart Vest cost?

SaltyAndSweet

Does anyone have an idea as to how much an Electromed Smart Vest costs?
I am trying it out right now and I really prefer it over my ancient Hill/Rom.

I did a little research on the Smart Vest and I found something that says it works similarly to the latest model of the Hill/Rom vest. I hope someone has some insight on it because my insurance denied my $6k upgrade to the Hill/Rom, and I don't really want to fight for a super expensive Smart Vest if I could get the same thing for $6k.

Thanks for your opinions!!

SaltyAndSweet

I did a little research on the Smart Vest and I found something that says it works similarly to the latest model of the Hill/Rom vest. I hope someone has some insight on it because my insurance denied my $6k upgrade to the Hill/Rom, and I don't really want to fight for a super expensive Smart Vest if I could get the same thing for $6k.

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

<br />I am trying it out right now and I really prefer it over my ancient Hill/Rom.
<br />
<br />I did a little research on the Smart Vest and I found something that says it works similarly to the latest model of the Hill/Rom vest. I hope someone has some insight on it because my insurance denied my $6k upgrade to the Hill/Rom, and I don't really want to fight for a super expensive Smart Vest if I could get the same thing for $6k.
<br />
<br />Thanks for your opinions!!
<br />

tara

I don't know how much the SmartVest costs, but I do know they will fight your insurance to be paid. I got my SmartVest in July 2006. My insurance denied the claim. Electromed assigned someone to fight the claim for me, I had to sign some sort of waiver for this. I have no idea how or if it was ever paid. I never saw a bill and I told them straight up that if I had to pay one dime out of pocket I'd rather ship the SmartVest back to them. Almost 2 years later, I still have the SmartVest and I've never paid out of pocket for it.

tara

I don't know how much the SmartVest costs, but I do know they will fight your insurance to be paid. I got my SmartVest in July 2006. My insurance denied the claim. Electromed assigned someone to fight the claim for me, I had to sign some sort of waiver for this. I have no idea how or if it was ever paid. I never saw a bill and I told them straight up that if I had to pay one dime out of pocket I'd rather ship the SmartVest back to them. Almost 2 years later, I still have the SmartVest and I've never paid out of pocket for it.

tara

tara

tara

SaltyAndSweet

Hi Tara, did the vest max out your insurance policy's lifetime durable medical equipment coverage? I am VERY worried about that, especially since I am also needing an insulin pump (which we are having to fight).

SaltyAndSweet

Hi Tara, did the vest max out your insurance policy's lifetime durable medical equipment coverage? I am VERY worried about that, especially since I am also needing an insulin pump (which we are having to fight).

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

SaltyAndSweet

tara

Hi Aspen,

I think that depends on the insurance policy. I had that insurance for 18 months after I acquired the SmartVest and I know I received some DME during that time. I started on home oxygen so all the supplies related to that were covered. Wish I could help more. I didn't really pay attention to what they did/did not eventually get from my insurance regarding payment for the SmartVest.

tara

Hi Aspen,

I think that depends on the insurance policy. I had that insurance for 18 months after I acquired the SmartVest and I know I received some DME during that time. I started on home oxygen so all the supplies related to that were covered. Wish I could help more. I didn't really pay attention to what they did/did not eventually get from my insurance regarding payment for the SmartVest.

tara

Hi Aspen,

tara

Hi Aspen,

tara

Hi Aspen,
<br />
<br />I think that depends on the insurance policy. I had that insurance for 18 months after I acquired the SmartVest and I know I received some DME during that time. I started on home oxygen so all the supplies related to that were covered. Wish I could help more. I didn't really pay attention to what they did/did not eventually get from my insurance regarding payment for the SmartVest.