Enzyme issues...

JennifersHope

Hi...

I take Pancrease MT 20's two to three with meals..but lately I can't find the right balance... Seems like it isn't enough anymore if you know what I mean.. Is it normal to have to increase the amount you take with meals as you get older??

I don't want to take to many and end up with a blockage...is that possible? I know the MT 20s are the really strong...

Thanks

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Hi...

I take Pancrease MT 20's two to three with meals..but lately I can't find the right balance... Seems like it isn't enough anymore if you know what I mean.. Is it normal to have to increase the amount you take with meals as you get older??

I don't want to take to many and end up with a blockage...is that possible? I know the MT 20s are the really strong...

Thanks

Jennifer

mousesmom

Yes most CF'rs need to increase the amount of enzymes they take as they get older, although I believe there is a maximum dose after which there is no effect. Monique takes 10 x Creon 25000 with each meal or less depending on what she is eating. We were told that 10 capsules replace the normal amount of enzyme a healthy adult would usually produce.

We were told to increase the enzymes gradually until the (poop) didn't float.

Hope this helps

Keep well!

mousesmom

Yes most CF'rs need to increase the amount of enzymes they take as they get older, although I believe there is a maximum dose after which there is no effect. Monique takes 10 x Creon 25000 with each meal or less depending on what she is eating. We were told that 10 capsules replace the normal amount of enzyme a healthy adult would usually produce.

We were told to increase the enzymes gradually until the (poop) didn't float.

Hope this helps

Keep well!

Faust

I was having a terrible time with bad oil, no matter how much I took. Told my CF doc and he told me that CF's bodies are highly acidic, and due to that it can limit enzymes effectiveness. He put me on prevacid once a day, and that took care of the problme. I've taken 10 or 11 mt 20's per meal for a long time now.

Faust

I was having a terrible time with bad oil, no matter how much I took. Told my CF doc and he told me that CF's bodies are highly acidic, and due to that it can limit enzymes effectiveness. He put me on prevacid once a day, and that took care of the problme. I've taken 10 or 11 mt 20's per meal for a long time now.

anonymous

I was also placed on Prevacid to help the effectiveness of my enzymes. I had complained about problems with BM's (especially the oil) and before they even suggested a bump up on the enzymes they placed me on the Prevacid. This took care of the problem.

anonymous

I was also placed on Prevacid to help the effectiveness of my enzymes. I had complained about problems with BM's (especially the oil) and before they even suggested a bump up on the enzymes they placed me on the Prevacid. This took care of the problem.

JazzysMom

Jenn.....when U say it isnt enough do you mean U are having oily stools or loose stools? As nurse to be I am sure U are aware what the antibiotics can do to your body so since your mind hasnt been right I wthought I would remind U of this in case its a delayed reaction!

JazzysMom

Jenn.....when U say it isnt enough do you mean U are having oily stools or loose stools? As nurse to be I am sure U are aware what the antibiotics can do to your body so since your mind hasnt been right I wthought I would remind U of this in case its a delayed reaction!

anonymous

my daughter dramatically lowered her enzyme dose after starting zantac. she also feels best on a low fat diet and is no longer underweight.

anonymous

my daughter dramatically lowered her enzyme dose after starting zantac. she also feels best on a low fat diet and is no longer underweight.

C

Cutecurlz

Hi female 37 with CF. I take MT12's and I've had to up them too. Mind you when I was 3yrs young I was taking 100 plus per meals and with snacks...So YES as you get older you will have to up the dose.

C

Cutecurlz

Hi female 37 with CF. I take MT12's and I've had to up them too. Mind you when I was 3yrs young I was taking 100 plus per meals and with snacks...So YES as you get older you will have to up the dose.

Vampy

Im 20 years old and i take ultrase mt20s. 6 with meals and 4 with snacks but it seems to go up when i was a baby i only took the beads of the pills with applesause.

Vampy

Im 20 years old and i take ultrase mt20s. 6 with meals and 4 with snacks but it seems to go up when i was a baby i only took the beads of the pills with applesause.

thelizardqueen

I'm 24 - I take Creon 25 - 5 per meal. When I was a baby I was on Pancreas and took about 20 with each meal. When first started on Creon 25, I was taking 4 with each meal, and now I'm at 5 with each meal.

thelizardqueen

I'm 24 - I take Creon 25 - 5 per meal. When I was a baby I was on Pancreas and took about 20 with each meal. When first started on Creon 25, I was taking 4 with each meal, and now I'm at 5 with each meal.

JennifersHope

HI..

You guys are great.. Thanks for the responses.. No Mel it isnt antibiotic related.. I have been down the road of C-Diff before and pray I never go back.. I think it is enzyme related.. I did up my enzymes today and so far ..that seems like it helped....

I am taking Prevcaid and also Protonix..needless to say GERD and REflux play a major role in my life...

I am taking 5 with meals.... or I did today.. and I only had to leave class once..so that is an improvement...

Love

Jennifer

JennifersHope

HI..

You guys are great.. Thanks for the responses.. No Mel it isnt antibiotic related.. I have been down the road of C-Diff before and pray I never go back.. I think it is enzyme related.. I did up my enzymes today and so far ..that seems like it helped....

I am taking Prevcaid and also Protonix..needless to say GERD and REflux play a major role in my life...

I am taking 5 with meals.... or I did today.. and I only had to leave class once..so that is an improvement...

Love

Jennifer