First IUI Done!

Kristen

My husband and I had our first IUI this morning. (In case people don't remember, we are doing unmedicated IUI with an HCG trigger).

We went in for an ultrasound on Saturday, and I had one developed follicle, although it wasn't quite big enough to trigger at that time, so we triggered in the evening. 36 hours later, we did the IUI.

The doctor did make a comment about my cervical mucus when he was doing the IUI. He said "you have a lot of cervical mucus. This is good because it means your estrogen is rising." I then asked him if it looked thicker than normal. He said it looked "a little thicker than a normal person's, but it's hard to say how much it is affecting fertility." (And, FWIW I have been taking mucinex, max strength, 12-hour extended release, but I've been bad and only been taking it once a day instead of twice a day).

Anyway, now we are onto the longest 2WW yet! I keep reminding myself that there is only a 25% chance of success with each IUI so that I won't be too sad if I get my period in two weeks.

Kristen

My husband and I had our first IUI this morning. (In case people don't remember, we are doing unmedicated IUI with an HCG trigger).

We went in for an ultrasound on Saturday, and I had one developed follicle, although it wasn't quite big enough to trigger at that time, so we triggered in the evening. 36 hours later, we did the IUI.

The doctor did make a comment about my cervical mucus when he was doing the IUI. He said "you have a lot of cervical mucus. This is good because it means your estrogen is rising." I then asked him if it looked thicker than normal. He said it looked "a little thicker than a normal person's, but it's hard to say how much it is affecting fertility." (And, FWIW I have been taking mucinex, max strength, 12-hour extended release, but I've been bad and only been taking it once a day instead of twice a day).

Anyway, now we are onto the longest 2WW yet! I keep reminding myself that there is only a 25% chance of success with each IUI so that I won't be too sad if I get my period in two weeks.

Kristen

Kristen

Kristen

<br />
<br />We went in for an ultrasound on Saturday, and I had one developed follicle, although it wasn't quite big enough to trigger at that time, so we triggered in the evening. 36 hours later, we did the IUI.
<br />
<br />The doctor did make a comment about my cervical mucus when he was doing the IUI. He said "you have a lot of cervical mucus. This is good because it means your estrogen is rising." I then asked him if it looked thicker than normal. He said it looked "a little thicker than a normal person's, but it's hard to say how much it is affecting fertility." (And, FWIW I have been taking mucinex, max strength, 12-hour extended release, but I've been bad and only been taking it once a day instead of twice a day).
<br />
<br />Anyway, now we are onto the longest 2WW yet! I keep reminding myself that there is only a 25% chance of success with each IUI so that I won't be too sad if I get my period in two weeks.