Floating/Swimming

GordonsGirl

We are on vacation and swimming, and my husband tells me he is not able to float in water. I'm naturally bouyant due to some extra cushioning, but have always been able to float well. I tried to "teach" him. I told him what I do, and he tried. I held him up and then tried to release him. I noticed that I take a big breath and let my lungs hold me up mainly, and then just let the rest of my body naturally rise. He can kind of get his chest up, but his legs just won't rise. Is this because of his low body fat? Is it a lack of oxygen?

GordonsGirl

We are on vacation and swimming, and my husband tells me he is not able to float in water. I'm naturally bouyant due to some extra cushioning, but have always been able to float well. I tried to "teach" him. I told him what I do, and he tried. I held him up and then tried to release him. I noticed that I take a big breath and let my lungs hold me up mainly, and then just let the rest of my body naturally rise. He can kind of get his chest up, but his legs just won't rise. Is this because of his low body fat? Is it a lack of oxygen?

GordonsGirl

GordonsGirl

GordonsGirl

lmattaway

I'm not sure, but I can tell you that I can float just fine and love doing it in the ocean when I need a break from body surfing the waves.

lmattaway

I'm not sure, but I can tell you that I can float just fine and love doing it in the ocean when I need a break from body surfing the waves.

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

JazzysMom

I float fine yet Jazmine cant. We are almost the same height & she isnt far behind me in weight.

In our situation its not related to CF....

JazzysMom

I float fine yet Jazmine cant. We are almost the same height & she isnt far behind me in weight.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />In our situation its not related to CF....

pnhuffman

Funny you should ask that. This summer when the boys were in swim lessons the instructor was talking about how girls naturally learn to float before boys. Something with guys she didnt quite know what. She said she had been teaching for years and the girls have always picked up faster than boys.

pnhuffman

Funny you should ask that. This summer when the boys were in swim lessons the instructor was talking about how girls naturally learn to float before boys. Something with guys she didnt quite know what. She said she had been teaching for years and the girls have always picked up faster than boys.

pnhuffman

pnhuffman

pnhuffman