G-J Tube and a Nissen Surgery

ElijahsMommy

My son is 19 months old. Around this time last year, he had a G-Tube put in. They now want to do a Nissen surgery. The Doctors say that his appetite shouldnt change at all. i was wondering if anyones child or themselves had this surgery done and had loss of apetite, or no apetite change at all. i am worried about it becuse he just started eating real 'adult' food.

in his recent hospital stay, which he is still in now, but is coming home tomorrow, he had an upper respiratory infection. they treated the infection and it is no longer. they put in a G-J Tube, and i HATE it. my son will NOT take his enzymes by mouth. i dont know why. i think it may be because he doesnt like how they feel in his mouth. at home we figured out a way to put them through his G tube, but now we cant get them to go through at all. the doc told us not to do it anymore, but its the only way we can get the enzymes in him. we have tried everything from applesauce to yogurt. he just wont take them. we got him to suck them up though a straw with some apple juice, but him being on 4 Creon 5, there are a lot of beads. and he only has done it once, and wont do it again. we are stuck. so i was wondering if anyone else had a suggestion of what to do. his J tube might be coming out when he has the nissen surgery on March 27, but they arent sure yet. can anyone help?

ElijahsMommy

My son is 19 months old. Around this time last year, he had a G-Tube put in. They now want to do a Nissen surgery. The Doctors say that his appetite shouldnt change at all. i was wondering if anyones child or themselves had this surgery done and had loss of apetite, or no apetite change at all. i am worried about it becuse he just started eating real 'adult' food.

in his recent hospital stay, which he is still in now, but is coming home tomorrow, he had an upper respiratory infection. they treated the infection and it is no longer. they put in a G-J Tube, and i HATE it. my son will NOT take his enzymes by mouth. i dont know why. i think it may be because he doesnt like how they feel in his mouth. at home we figured out a way to put them through his G tube, but now we cant get them to go through at all. the doc told us not to do it anymore, but its the only way we can get the enzymes in him. we have tried everything from applesauce to yogurt. he just wont take them. we got him to suck them up though a straw with some apple juice, but him being on 4 Creon 5, there are a lot of beads. and he only has done it once, and wont do it again. we are stuck. so i was wondering if anyone else had a suggestion of what to do. his J tube might be coming out when he has the nissen surgery on March 27, but they arent sure yet. can anyone help?

ElijahsMommy

ElijahsMommy

ElijahsMommy

<br />
<br />in his recent hospital stay, which he is still in now, but is coming home tomorrow, he had an upper respiratory infection. they treated the infection and it is no longer. they put in a G-J Tube, and i HATE it. my son will NOT take his enzymes by mouth. i dont know why. i think it may be because he doesnt like how they feel in his mouth. at home we figured out a way to put them through his G tube, but now we cant get them to go through at all. the doc told us not to do it anymore, but its the only way we can get the enzymes in him. we have tried everything from applesauce to yogurt. he just wont take them. we got him to suck them up though a straw with some apple juice, but him being on 4 Creon 5, there are a lot of beads. and he only has done it once, and wont do it again. we are stuck. so i was wondering if anyone else had a suggestion of what to do. his J tube might be coming out when he has the nissen surgery on March 27, but they arent sure yet. can anyone help?

crickit715

i know this was posted a while ago and i just happened upon it in the adult postings...my daughter doesnt have the gj tube but she did get the g tube and nissan procedure...the nissan did not stop her appetite..as a matter of fact it seemed to help it, because she had such severe reflux she was vomitting half of what she would intake. she was only 4 months old when it was performed. what is the reason for the nissan??reflux??......concerning the enzymes..we changed my daughter to creon 10 when she started taking 4 or more creon 5's//the beads are a teensy bit bigger but there are alot less of them.

crickit715

i know this was posted a while ago and i just happened upon it in the adult postings...my daughter doesnt have the gj tube but she did get the g tube and nissan procedure...the nissan did not stop her appetite..as a matter of fact it seemed to help it, because she had such severe reflux she was vomitting half of what she would intake. she was only 4 months old when it was performed. what is the reason for the nissan??reflux??......concerning the enzymes..we changed my daughter to creon 10 when she started taking 4 or more creon 5's//the beads are a teensy bit bigger but there are alot less of them.

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715