G-tube surgery today

M

Mommafirst

Alyssa is going in for her tube surgery in just a little bit. I'm trying to stay calm and supportive. I soooo don't want to do this. I'm hoping that my husband and the doctors and the nutritionist all know what they are talking about and that this will be largely beneficial for her. I'll update when we get home.

ETA 11/19/08 5:50pm EST

We are home. The surgery went smoothly. Yesterday was a mess. Alyssa was uncomfortable and the surgeon doesn't seem to know how to work with the CF team. But I am thankful for our CF team and how they all rallied together to get everything organized for Alyssa. If the surgeon had his way, we would still be NPO and home doing bolus feeds instead of the continuous nighttime one at the hospital last night for her first run.

I'm very glad to be home and tired, but Alyssa is doing well and adjusting. I'm hoping that in the next few days we will continue to move forward here.

M

Mommafirst

Alyssa is going in for her tube surgery in just a little bit. I'm trying to stay calm and supportive. I soooo don't want to do this. I'm hoping that my husband and the doctors and the nutritionist all know what they are talking about and that this will be largely beneficial for her. I'll update when we get home.

We are home. The surgery went smoothly. Yesterday was a mess. Alyssa was uncomfortable and the surgeon doesn't seem to know how to work with the CF team. But I am thankful for our CF team and how they all rallied together to get everything organized for Alyssa. If the surgeon had his way, we would still be NPO and home doing bolus feeds instead of the continuous nighttime one at the hospital last night for her first run.

I'm very glad to be home and tired, but Alyssa is doing well and adjusting. I'm hoping that in the next few days we will continue to move forward here.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />ETA 11/19/08 5:50pm EST
<br />
<br />We are home. The surgery went smoothly. Yesterday was a mess. Alyssa was uncomfortable and the surgeon doesn't seem to know how to work with the CF team. But I am thankful for our CF team and how they all rallied together to get everything organized for Alyssa. If the surgeon had his way, we would still be NPO and home doing bolus feeds instead of the continuous nighttime one at the hospital last night for her first run.
<br />
<br />I'm very glad to be home and tired, but Alyssa is doing well and adjusting. I'm hoping that in the next few days we will continue to move forward here.

JazzysMom

Get through the surgery first. Then take one moment at a time remembering what the long term goal is!

You & Alyssa are in my thoughts!

HUGS

JazzysMom

Get through the surgery first. Then take one moment at a time remembering what the long term goal is!

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

HUGS

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />You & Alyssa are in my thoughts!
<br />
<br />HUGS

T

TonyaH

I'll be thinking of you, Heather! Hang in there and touch base when you can.

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

T

TonyaH

grassisgreener

I hope it goes really well and that she recovers quickly. I bet you will see some benefits from it very soon! Sending lots of cyberhugs to you both!

grassisgreener

I hope it goes really well and that she recovers quickly. I bet you will see some benefits from it very soon! Sending lots of cyberhugs to you both!

grassisgreener

grassisgreener

grassisgreener