G551D Gene Therapy

needingadvice13

Hi everyone,

I was dxed with the G551D gene mutation and there was a clinical trial that was completed in August 2008 (the vertex drug). Does anyone know what the latest in on that gene therapy drug? Thanks for the help.

needingadvice13

Hi everyone,

I was dxed with the G551D gene mutation and there was a clinical trial that was completed in August 2008 (the vertex drug). Does anyone know what the latest in on that gene therapy drug? Thanks for the help.

needingadvice13

Hi everyone,

needingadvice13

Hi everyone,

needingadvice13

Hi everyone,
<br />
<br />I was dxed with the G551D gene mutation and there was a clinical trial that was completed in August 2008 (the vertex drug). Does anyone know what the latest in on that gene therapy drug? Thanks for the help.

LouLou

I was in Ph. 2b that was completed this summer and will be evaluated for Ph. 3. At this time the drug company has not released specifics of when Ph. 3 will begin. At the cf conference in October I heard they said FQ09 but that is coming to a close fast. I'm just hoping for first half of 09. I know Vertex has started Ph. 1 of 809 the drug that they have for DF508. Maybe they can only alot funds and time to one cf drug at a time ;-/

LouLou

I was in Ph. 2b that was completed this summer and will be evaluated for Ph. 3. At this time the drug company has not released specifics of when Ph. 3 will begin. At the cf conference in October I heard they said FQ09 but that is coming to a close fast. I'm just hoping for first half of 09. I know Vertex has started Ph. 1 of 809 the drug that they have for DF508. Maybe they can only alot funds and time to one cf drug at a time ;-/

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

by the way I don't think it's correct nomenclature to call it gene therapy. the drug doesn't correct the defective gene but rather "potentiates" the defective chloride channel. hope this helps.

LouLou

by the way I don't think it's correct nomenclature to call it gene therapy. the drug doesn't correct the defective gene but rather "potentiates" the defective chloride channel. hope this helps.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou