Gas fireplaces

A

Aspiemom

This is the first time we've lived in a house with a fireplace and it's a gas fireplace. Now we live in the South so it wouldn't get used as much as if we still lived in PA, but I just wondered if anyone knows if they have any kind of effect on the respiratory system of a CF person? I can ask my CF dr. when I see her, but my next appt. isn't until the end of Oct. and my hubby will probably want to use it before then. Plus I would like to know before he pours any money into it!

Anyone have any problem with them?

A

Aspiemom

This is the first time we've lived in a house with a fireplace and it's a gas fireplace. Now we live in the South so it wouldn't get used as much as if we still lived in PA, but I just wondered if anyone knows if they have any kind of effect on the respiratory system of a CF person? I can ask my CF dr. when I see her, but my next appt. isn't until the end of Oct. and my hubby will probably want to use it before then. Plus I would like to know before he pours any money into it!

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

A

Aspiemom

tara

I would think it might be the same concept as a gas stove. I've cooked with gas stoves for years. (I actually prefer them to electric).....when I cook. hahaha! I have a gas fireplace as well, but it's the kind that has glass over the front (no doors) it's built into a wall and remains there just for looks really. Although it does give off a tiny bit of heat. I'm in CA so we don't use it much anyway. It was fun on Christmas morning!

I know this doesn't help you. Sorry.

tara

I would think it might be the same concept as a gas stove. I've cooked with gas stoves for years. (I actually prefer them to electric).....when I cook. hahaha! I have a gas fireplace as well, but it's the kind that has glass over the front (no doors) it's built into a wall and remains there just for looks really. Although it does give off a tiny bit of heat. I'm in CA so we don't use it much anyway. It was fun on Christmas morning!

tara

tara

tara

JazzysMom

Gas fireplaces should be no more of a problem then gas stoves. As long as there are no leaks there should be no irritants.

If you are unsure have a gas service tech come out & check it. OR you could just fill a bottle with soap water & spray it around the pipes while its not in use to see if any bottles appear.

Bubbles are where there are leaks.

Good Luck & Enjoy it.

JazzysMom

Gas fireplaces should be no more of a problem then gas stoves. As long as there are no leaks there should be no irritants.

If you are unsure have a gas service tech come out & check it. OR you could just fill a bottle with soap water & spray it around the pipes while its not in use to see if any bottles appear.

Good Luck & Enjoy it.

JazzysMom

Good Luck & Enjoy it.

JazzysMom

Good Luck & Enjoy it.

JazzysMom

Good Luck & Enjoy it.

JennifersHope

In my new house I have a gas fireplace, I think they are pretty standard in the South, I haven't really used it yet, can't figure it out.. but they say it is okay to use, just have to watch for carbon monoxide.... So get a detector...

JennifersHope

In my new house I have a gas fireplace, I think they are pretty standard in the South, I haven't really used it yet, can't figure it out.. but they say it is okay to use, just have to watch for carbon monoxide.... So get a detector...

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope