golytely -help!

firstlady

When my husband gets obstructed, he certainly doesn't feel like ingesting a gallon of golytely. Actually just drinking a glass or two during the day would be much easier to tolerate and would probably be effective enough to move things along. The pharmacist was unable to recommend a powder/water ratio. Has anyone ever tried this? How much did you use per 8 oz? Also, has anyone ever mixed it with anything besides water (looking for a better taste!).

The most effective thing is to drip it down an ng tube, but if he could get similar results without being hospitalized, that would be fantastic.

Thanks for your input.

firstlady

When my husband gets obstructed, he certainly doesn't feel like ingesting a gallon of golytely. Actually just drinking a glass or two during the day would be much easier to tolerate and would probably be effective enough to move things along. The pharmacist was unable to recommend a powder/water ratio. Has anyone ever tried this? How much did you use per 8 oz? Also, has anyone ever mixed it with anything besides water (looking for a better taste!).

The most effective thing is to drip it down an ng tube, but if he could get similar results without being hospitalized, that would be fantastic.

Thanks for your input.

firstlady

Thanks for your input.

firstlady

Thanks for your input.

firstlady

<br />
<br />The most effective thing is to drip it down an ng tube, but if he could get similar results without being hospitalized, that would be fantastic.
<br />
<br />Thanks for your input.
<br />

JenWren

Yes, I use MIralax everyday which is a powdered form of Golytely. I use it every morning1 glass of water to a capful of Powder. I have chronic constipation problems and this has kept me out of trouble on and off for years now. I haven't had to be hospitalized for Impaction for a lonnnnngggg time. I can have up to three glasses a day. The other thing about Miralax is that it is very gentle and helps me to gain a schedule of my bodies own. So I don't really have to worry about it much. The only thing is Im completely dependent on it. It has no taste and I just mix it in 8 oz of water and drink it with a straw , it goes down faster that way. I have mine as soon as I wake up in the morning and avoid meals before or after it. So I don't flush calories. I do my glass two hours before a meal and or two hours after a meal. It really is no big deal. It is a big deal if I forget it though, then I have to play catch up which means a couple glasses a day. Well I won't complicate things for you . I hope I have been of some help. Miralax is something that is commonly used for babies because of how gentle it is.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss further. Im happy to help.

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

Yes, I use MIralax everyday which is a powdered form of Golytely. I use it every morning1 glass of water to a capful of Powder. I have chronic constipation problems and this has kept me out of trouble on and off for years now. I haven't had to be hospitalized for Impaction for a lonnnnngggg time. I can have up to three glasses a day. The other thing about Miralax is that it is very gentle and helps me to gain a schedule of my bodies own. So I don't really have to worry about it much. The only thing is Im completely dependent on it. It has no taste and I just mix it in 8 oz of water and drink it with a straw , it goes down faster that way. I have mine as soon as I wake up in the morning and avoid meals before or after it. So I don't flush calories. I do my glass two hours before a meal and or two hours after a meal. It really is no big deal. It is a big deal if I forget it though, then I have to play catch up which means a couple glasses a day. Well I won't complicate things for you . I hope I have been of some help. Miralax is something that is commonly used for babies because of how gentle it is.

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

<br />
<br />Feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss further. Im happy to help.
<br />
<br />JenWren
<br />
<br />JenWren

JenWren

I really hated doing Golytely, It is just to much for a routine thing. It interefed with my whole day. Especially being diabetic.

JenWren

I really hated doing Golytely, It is just to much for a routine thing. It interefed with my whole day. Especially being diabetic.

JenWren

JenWren

JenWren

<br />
<br />

Sevenstars

I use Miralax as well. If you can't get a prescription for it, I believe it's available over the counter now. Give it a try, it works great, has no taste, and you only need to drink a glassful (not a gallon!).

Sevenstars

I use Miralax as well. If you can't get a prescription for it, I believe it's available over the counter now. Give it a try, it works great, has no taste, and you only need to drink a glassful (not a gallon!).

Sevenstars

Sevenstars

Sevenstars