Good CF doc in Ohio?

Tom

<P>After this last clinic appointment we are now shopping for a new CF doc.  The relationship has become more of a control issue for our doctor than my sons health.    Communication about appointments and test results are not clear and always need to be initiated by us.  When we ask legitimate questions about the doctors CF protocol, we are seen as adversarial.   I would like a doctor that would see my wife and I as an asset in my son's healthcare and not something to overcome.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Does anyone know of any good CF doctors in Ohio?</P>
<P> </P>
<P>By the way, my son is in good health - height and weight are good, FEV1 is in the high 90s.</P>

Tom

<P>After this last clinic appointment we are now shopping for a new CF doc. The relationship has become more of a control issue for our doctor than my sons health. Communication about appointments and test results are not clear and always need to be initiated by us. When we ask legitimate questions about the doctors CF protocol, we are seen as adversarial. I would like a doctor that would see my wife and I as an asset in my son's healthcare and not something to overcome.</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>
<P>By the way, my son is in good health - height and weight are good, FEV1 is in the high 90s.</P>

Tom

<P><BR>After this last clinic appointment we are now shopping for a new CF doc. The relationship has become more of a control issue for our doctor than my sons health. Communication about appointments and test results are not clear and always need to be initiated by us. When we ask legitimate questions about the doctors CF protocol, we are seen as adversarial. I would like a doctor that would see my wife and I as an asset in my son's healthcare and not something to overcome.</P>
<P></P>
<P></P>

jendonl

I just PMd you.  You might want to post this in the Family section.  You might get more response.  Is your child an adult or a child?  that will make a difference in the clinic they might go to.

jendonl

I just PMd you. You might want to post this in the Family section. You might get more response. Is your child an adult or a child? that will make a difference in the clinic they might go to.

jendonl

I just PMd you. You might want to post this in the Family section. You might get more response. Is your child an adult or a child? that will make a difference in the clinic they might go to.

khavice

We go to the CF Clinic at Toledo Children's Hospital.  I realize you are in Akron, so it would be a drive.  There are 3 doctors, a physician's asst., a social worker, a nutritionist and  a respiratory therapist.  While I have had a couple frustrations in the 7 years we have been taking our now 12 year old daughter there, I know that they have her best interest at heart.  Doctors are very friendly and really seem to care about her.<div>I also know that there is a clinic around Cleveland somewhere.  I can get that information if you need it.</div>

khavice

We go to the CF Clinic at Toledo Children's Hospital. I realize you are in Akron, so it would be a drive. There are 3 doctors, a physician's asst., a social worker, a nutritionist and a respiratory therapist. While I have had a couple frustrations in the 7 years we have been taking our now 12 year old daughter there, I know that they have her best interest at heart. Doctors are very friendly and really seem to care about her.I also know that there is a clinic around Cleveland somewhere. I can get that information if you need it.

khavice

We go to the CF Clinic at Toledo Children's Hospital. I realize you are in Akron, so it would be a drive. There are 3 doctors, a physician's asst., a social worker, a nutritionist and a respiratory therapist. While I have had a couple frustrations in the 7 years we have been taking our now 12 year old daughter there, I know that they have her best interest at heart. Doctors are very friendly and really seem to care about her.I also know that there is a clinic around Cleveland somewhere. I can get that information if you need it.

gabster418

We also go to the CF Clinic at Toledo Children's Hospital. We have only been going there for about 9 months but so far we love the doctor's there. I have not met the new doctor yet but I am sure she will be just as great.

gabster418

We also go to the CF Clinic at Toledo Children's Hospital. We have only been going there for about 9 months but so far we love the doctor's there. I have not met the new doctor yet but I am sure she will be just as great.