Good portable concentrators?

mag6125

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good small/light weight portable oxygen concentrator. I've been using portable tanks but now that I'm on 4L the tanks small enough to carry only last an hour and so I pretty much avoid leaving the house except to go to the doctor which really sucks! I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

musclemania70

I bought an Inogen which is handy to have for travel. Beware it is not for night time use. Its on-demand, not constant flow. I bought with the original purpose of having it for night time but it just doesnt work well enough for night time sleep for me.
So I still use a regular concentrator for sleeping.
They may be able to bill your insurance directly but make sure you don't buy it unless you have it IN WRITING that it will be covered by your insurance and they will reimburse you....
PM me if you want more details.

Do you NEED concentrator? I ask b/c I have an Airsep Lifestyle which is a portable concentrator but I more often use my helios marathon that holds liquid oxygen. Sure, the liquid runs out (filled up from my oxygen keg at home) but so does the battery on the concentrator. I like it the liquid better b/c it has a continuous setting and goes up to 6L for exercise (concentrator only goes to 3L and only pulses -- as musclemania mentioned, that's lame for sleep). I wear it biking, skiing and last week on a stand up paddle board in the ocean. Wasn't worried about it getting wet like I would a concentrator.