Got my pulse oximetry test results.

carly23

So i had my oximetry test brought to me last night I went to sleep at 12 and got up at 6 as my boyfriend had work and we were at his moms..

So the guy comes and gets the test and called me his self
to tell me results..he said I had 3 de- saturations but that if i had 8-10 thatd be where they may feel a sleep study would be a must as maybe i had sleep apneia but given i only had 3 he didnt think thatd happen...now he said for 15 mins i was 87% ..89% for 30 mins and 90% for an hour...

He said he gave results to the doc so il hear something hopefully later today but bein the weekend it may be Monday..

What do yall think my doc may do..oxygen at night??...or not as my numbers werent real bad?..

carly23

So i had my oximetry test brought to me last night I went to sleep at 12 and got up at 6 as my boyfriend had work and we were at his moms..

So the guy comes and gets the test and called me his self
to tell me results..he said I had 3 de- saturations but that if i had 8-10 thatd be where they may feel a sleep study would be a must as maybe i had sleep apneia but given i only had 3 he didnt think thatd happen...now he said for 15 mins i was 87% ..89% for 30 mins and 90% for an hour...

He said he gave results to the doc so il hear something hopefully later today but bein the weekend it may be Monday..

What do yall think my doc may do..oxygen at night??...or not as my numbers werent real bad?..

carly23

<br />
<br />So the guy comes and gets the test and called me his self
<br />to tell me results..he said I had 3 de- saturations but that if i had 8-10 thatd be where they may feel a sleep study would be a must as maybe i had sleep apneia but given i only had 3 he didnt think thatd happen...now he said for 15 mins i was 87% ..89% for 30 mins and 90% for an hour...
<br />
<br />He said he gave results to the doc so il hear something hopefully later today but bein the weekend it may be Monday..
<br />
<br />What do yall think my doc may do..oxygen at night??...or not as my numbers werent real bad?..

carly23

I know yall dont know exactly what the doc would say but im sure yall can give opinions...I guess what im asking really is with my numbers bein that way or told does that mean Ill proly be told I need oxygen at night?

carly23

I know yall dont know exactly what the doc would say but im sure yall can give opinions...I guess what im asking really is with my numbers bein that way or told does that mean Ill proly be told I need oxygen at night?

carly23

KingJames

Just to put your test results into a relative perspective, my sister who doesn't even have CF was in the hospital once for an asthma/allergy issue, and her O2 saturation level at one point was at 30%, even with a full O2 supplement! So even if your results aren't ideal, you are absolutely correct in saying that they "Weren't real bad", especially when you add CF to the equation, and the fact that when lying down sleeping it's normal to get some congestion.

My question would be, how do you feel?

For the record, I've read that if your saturation level during sleep goes no lower than the upper 80's, then you shouldn't need an O2 supplement (It remains an option I assume). If everything I read is correct, then you would only classify as a mild apnea patient (Worst case scenario).

KingJames

Just to put your test results into a relative perspective, my sister who doesn't even have CF was in the hospital once for an asthma/allergy issue, and her O2 saturation level at one point was at 30%, even with a full O2 supplement! So even if your results aren't ideal, you are absolutely correct in saying that they "Weren't real bad", especially when you add CF to the equation, and the fact that when lying down sleeping it's normal to get some congestion.

My question would be, how do you feel?

For the record, I've read that if your saturation level during sleep goes no lower than the upper 80's, then you shouldn't need an O2 supplement (It remains an option I assume). If everything I read is correct, then you would only classify as a mild apnea patient (Worst case scenario).

KingJames

<br />
<br />My question would be, how do you feel?
<br />
<br />For the record, I've read that if your saturation level during sleep goes no lower than the upper 80's, then you shouldn't need an O2 supplement (It remains an option I assume). If everything I read is correct, then you would only classify as a mild apnea patient (Worst case scenario).

carly23

Well im usually tossing and turning and not sleeping good at all..sometimes il wake up feeling like im being suffercated...and I always have a headache :-/ when i wake

carly23

Well im usually tossing and turning and not sleeping good at all..sometimes il wake up feeling like im being suffercated...and I always have a headache :-/ when i wake

carly23

mag6125

I only desated into the mid to uppers 80s and my doc started me on o2 at night. They don't like any number below 92-90 really

mag6125

I only desated into the mid to uppers 80s and my doc started me on o2 at night. They don't like any number below 92-90 really

mag6125

carly23

@ Mag ...thats what I was kind of thinking..I mean im not sure what normal is but Id think 90% and under wouldnt be good for you..Ill have to update though Monday when I hear from my doctor hopefully..I dont want to have to be on oxygen at night but if it helps me to sleep better and feel rested during the day then so be it..Im also thinking if i do have to have oxygen whats my copays lookin like the guy right off told me that Medicare will only cover so much if ur numbers are a certain way or something?..I do have Cigna as my primary but Im worried itd be expensive?!?..See I also wanted to mention during the day I do get short of breath doin certain activities and will result with headaches in the back of my head so I almost wander if during the day Im de-saturating?..anything that yall know or replys help as this is all new to me !

carly23

@ Mag ...thats what I was kind of thinking..I mean im not sure what normal is but Id think 90% and under wouldnt be good for you..Ill have to update though Monday when I hear from my doctor hopefully..I dont want to have to be on oxygen at night but if it helps me to sleep better and feel rested during the day then so be it..Im also thinking if i do have to have oxygen whats my copays lookin like the guy right off told me that Medicare will only cover so much if ur numbers are a certain way or something?..I do have Cigna as my primary but Im worried itd be expensive?!?..See I also wanted to mention during the day I do get short of breath doin certain activities and will result with headaches in the back of my head so I almost wander if during the day Im de-saturating?..anything that yall know or replys help as this is all new to me !

carly23

mag6125

Besides using it at night i use for exercising and I have portable oxygen but so far I've only used that when I'm sick and feeling crappy. It'll probably make you feel better with activities that get you out of breath. I know I get tired and out of breath now doing laundry and stuff. I hated the idea of using oxygen to but you get use to having at night pretty fast and I know I feel better in the morning with it. I think medicare's requirement is that your o2 sat be lower than 88 for them to pay for it.

mag6125

Besides using it at night i use for exercising and I have portable oxygen but so far I've only used that when I'm sick and feeling crappy. It'll probably make you feel better with activities that get you out of breath. I know I get tired and out of breath now doing laundry and stuff. I hated the idea of using oxygen to but you get use to having at night pretty fast and I know I feel better in the morning with it. I think medicare's requirement is that your o2 sat be lower than 88 for them to pay for it.