Great Strides Walks

H

HelterSkelter

Hi, I'm new here and my name is Lucy. I'm 16 years old and live in California. I don't have CF, but I am very interested in volunteering at CF events and helping out as much as I possibly can.

I'm going to be attending a Great Strides Walk as a volunteer this coming fall. I've never been to one before, but I'm very excited to go and help out. I just have a few questions.

How many of you as teenagers/young people have attended the walks before? If so, do you have any complaints about them or changes you would like to see made? If you've never attended a walk before, do you have any specific reasons for not going?

I'm attending a committee meeting soon and would like to share some opinions from people who do have CF.

I hope this is okay to post here. Thanks if you read all of that.

H

HelterSkelter

Hi, I'm new here and my name is Lucy. I'm 16 years old and live in California. I don't have CF, but I am very interested in volunteering at CF events and helping out as much as I possibly can.

I'm going to be attending a Great Strides Walk as a volunteer this coming fall. I've never been to one before, but I'm very excited to go and help out. I just have a few questions.

How many of you as teenagers/young people have attended the walks before? If so, do you have any complaints about them or changes you would like to see made? If you've never attended a walk before, do you have any specific reasons for not going?

I'm attending a committee meeting soon and would like to share some opinions from people who do have CF.

H

HelterSkelter

H

HelterSkelter

H

HelterSkelter

<br />
<br />I'm going to be attending a Great Strides Walk as a volunteer this coming fall. I've never been to one before, but I'm very excited to go and help out. I just have a few questions.
<br />
<br />How many of you as teenagers/young people have attended the walks before? If so, do you have any complaints about them or changes you would like to see made? If you've never attended a walk before, do you have any specific reasons for not going?
<br />
<br />I'm attending a committee meeting soon and would like to share some opinions from people who do have CF.
<br />
<br />I hope this is okay to post here. Thanks if you read all of that.

Well I do have CF and it really depends where the walk is. I went to one this year and the number varies. But thanks for getting involved! You'll be helping a lot of people!

Well I do have CF and it really depends where the walk is. I went to one this year and the number varies. But thanks for getting involved! You'll be helping a lot of people!

T

tarheel

okay- here's my two cents (and why I don't go to great strides any more)
We got a letter that un-invited us from cf events. (I don't have anything "bad" per se like cepacia) So- if they don't want me there- the dont want my money there either. Yup.

T

tarheel

We got a letter that un-invited us from cf events. (I don't have anything "bad" per se like cepacia) So- if they don't want me there- the dont want my money there either. Yup.

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

T

tarheel

<br />We got a letter that un-invited us from cf events. (I don't have anything "bad" per se like cepacia) So- if they don't want me there- the dont want my money there either. Yup.