Has anyone tried The Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD)?

MargaritaChic

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0969276818/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3AGCRBKUCX8C7&colid=3N2K051EV75VO">Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet</a>

They are saying it is "The Grain-Free, Lactose-Free, Sugar-Free Solution to IBD, Celiac Disease, Autism, <b>Cystic Fibrosis</b>, and Other Health Conditions".

<b>Just wondering if anyone has tried it and what you thought of it.</b>

MargaritaChic

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0969276818/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3AGCRBKUCX8C7&colid=3N2K051EV75VO">Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet</a>

They are saying it is "The Grain-Free, Lactose-Free, Sugar-Free Solution to IBD, Celiac Disease, Autism, <b>Cystic Fibrosis</b>, and Other Health Conditions".

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

<br />
<br />They are saying it is "The Grain-Free, Lactose-Free, Sugar-Free Solution to IBD, Celiac Disease, Autism, <b>Cystic Fibrosis</b>, and Other Health Conditions".
<br />
<br />
<br /><b>Just wondering if anyone has tried it and what you thought of it.</b>

miesl

Considering that the book refers to it as "cystic fibrosis of the pancreas" (an outdated term) on the back cover indicates to me that it is a hoax to prey on the unsuspecting.

Patients with cystic fibrosis cannot hope to regain "normal" function in the intestines due to a lack of enzymes required for digestion. This is especially true for fats and proteins, which this diet appears to push heavily.

miesl

Considering that the book refers to it as "cystic fibrosis of the pancreas" (an outdated term) on the back cover indicates to me that it is a hoax to prey on the unsuspecting.

Patients with cystic fibrosis cannot hope to regain "normal" function in the intestines due to a lack of enzymes required for digestion. This is especially true for fats and proteins, which this diet appears to push heavily.

miesl

miesl

miesl

<br />
<br />Patients with cystic fibrosis cannot hope to regain "normal" function in the intestines due to a lack of enzymes required for digestion. This is especially true for fats and proteins, which this diet appears to push heavily.

mamaj

I am reading the book right now... and it has some interesting information. Some of it may be very relevant. I do not think it is a hoax, but that it was written awhile back. I will get back with more comments when I finish reading the book.

As far as the cure part, the author did say the symptoms did come back after the CF'er was taken off the elemental diet(which was the one given through the tube), so he does acknowledge that. And, even if it does not offer a cure, it does offer knowledge, which is always beneficial.

mamaj

I am reading the book right now... and it has some interesting information. Some of it may be very relevant. I do not think it is a hoax, but that it was written awhile back. I will get back with more comments when I finish reading the book.

As far as the cure part, the author did say the symptoms did come back after the CF'er was taken off the elemental diet(which was the one given through the tube), so he does acknowledge that. And, even if it does not offer a cure, it does offer knowledge, which is always beneficial.

mamaj

mamaj

mamaj