Has anyone used a humidifier at night?

S

sweetpeasmmy

Hey everybody! I'm the mommy to an 11week old with CF and as much research and reading as I do, I still have some questions. Bare with me if this is a silly one. My daughter doesn't show signs or symptoms of having trouble breathing (again she is only 11wks so I'm sure it will develop over time and become more apparent) she has an inhaler that she takes twice a day before cpt, is on enzymes and a high calorie diet. Besides that though, have any of you used a humidifier at night? Just as a general precaution/for easier resting? What would be the benefits and risks, if any?

sdavis227

You may get more of a response with this if you post this in the "Families" section. We do not use humidifiers because I believe the risk of what could be in the water is worse than the benefits you could get from using one.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be too concerned with the potential for mold and other nasties growing in the humidifier. DS has been nebulizing albuterol and atrovent during CPT since he was about a week old. He did have sinus issues early on -- extra thick mucus in his nose, so we'd use simply saline (saline spray) and the dreaded booger sucker on him.