hearing loss?

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
hey everyone. I have lost all my hearing from a medicine I am taking now. I stated out with mild hearing loss and it got me to hearing aids. so the dr stopped the medicine. I was getting worse so they had to put me back on the med and I kept losing it. now hearing aids dont even help cause Im deaf. it makes everything alot harder for me now. Has anyone else had hearing loss from a medication? In case your wondering I can still speak but my voice is softer cause I cant hear it.

NoDayButToday

No, I have never experienced hearing loss, but I have experienced ringing in the ears from Tobi.

How do you understand others? Can youi read lips or did you learn ASL?

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I can read lips pretty well but if I still cant do that I have the person write it down or look to my friend and she will tell me what they said. I tried learning ASL but I got to frustraded with it along with all the other medical stuff I have to do. So they tod me I can come back to it later.

tommy

hi amber, did they say it was the tobramycin that did it? I think that's the one they told me.  How long were you on it also?

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
no I was on tobi before,but it was amikacin IV that made me lose it. I have bin on it for about 3 and a half years. I am still on it