HELP ON THIS

anonymous

I RECENTLY GOT A LUNG X RAY AND THE RESULTS CAME OUT CLEAR. NOW I THINK I HAVE CF, IF I DID WOULD MY LUNG RESULTS SHOW ANY TYPE OF ABNORMALITY.

Nichole

my lung x-rays aren't clear and it's from cf. What is really trippy is to look at ct scans of lungs with cf. It looks like they are full of bubbles, but really it is just the large and inflamed airways.

anonymous

An abnormal chest x-ray is one, but not the only indication of CF. I am 18 with CF and I have had clear lungs before. I don't mean to say that to scare you, you could have it or you could be ok. There are other possible indications. Some are: 1. Does your skin taste salty? Or if you have a spouse, do they think you have a salty kiss? 2. Look at the tip of your fingers, do they curve out and get wider from the cuticle of your nail to the tip of your finger? 3. Do you have a heavy cough or cough up spudum often and if you do is it really thick? These are just a few signs but not definite answers to rather you have CF or not. You could have something else similar. Plus, your just looking into the lungs. Do you have often stomach aches after you eat or abnormal stool? These could be indications but the true indication is the answer from a CF EXPERIENCED DOCTOR!!! It is important to know that not every doctor can discover CF or even know anything about CF. I have gone to alot of doctors with a cough that are not CF doctors and they say I just have bronchitis. However, after I tell them about CF, I have to explain to them what it could be instead of the other way around!! If you think you could have it, don't just ignore this! Call a CF Medical Center and ask questions. If they feel you should come in and get tested, do it! If you do have it and put off treatment, it will only make it worse for you in the long run. And, if it isn't CF and something else, that too could need immediate treatment.

lovemygirl

Although our daughter is young she's had x-rays come back clear....the technician actually questioned if she was a cf patient or not. It is a good sign that you are healthy but it does not mean that you do not have CF. A sure way to know is to get a sweat test or blood test done. If the test comes back positive there is no question.

A

arabeth

I agree with everyone else that a normal appearance on a chest x-ray doesn't, by itself, rule out CF. My daughters (ages 9 and 5) always have clear chest x-rays. I asked our CF dr once about the x-rays and whether they look different than a non CF person's would and he told me that if an average technician was looking at it they likely would not notice the difference. He can see the difference because that's his speciality. He told me that he often uses the more healthy CF patient's x-rays in training x-ray technicians to see if they can catch the differences between those and non CF patients. He said that most of the time they don't. I thought that was kind of interesting.

gstvixen

Like everyone else said..don't rule CF out.
I've had clear x-rays come back and like someone else, the x-ray tech. asked me if I had CF because from the x-ray she couldn't tell. It's a good sign if your lungs are that clear and you have CF!
Take care!!

anonymous

I noticed you mentioned getting a blood test, what abnormalities would show up on a blood test to exhibit signs of CF?