help with Ports & I V antibiotics & Vest

conash

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have a Port under their arm/bra line and how they cope with doing therapy when they have IV's going thru. My daughter is in Hosptial at the moment and finds that the vest hurts her as it pushes on the needle. In Australia we tend to put the ports under the arms of girls (less visible)but as we are only new to the Vests not sure how big an impact this will have.
Would love to hear from anyone
Cheers Paula
mom of 14yr cf girl

conash

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have a Port under their arm/bra line and how they cope with doing therapy when they have IV's going thru. My daughter is in Hosptial at the moment and finds that the vest hurts her as it pushes on the needle. In Australia we tend to put the ports under the arms of girls (less visible)but as we are only new to the Vests not sure how big an impact this will have.
Cheers Paula
mom of 14yr cf girl

conash

Cheers Paula
mom of 14yr cf girl

conash

Cheers Paula
mom of 14yr cf girl

conash

<br />Would love to hear from anyone
<br />Cheers Paula
<br />mom of 14yr cf girl

djbowler

Hi Paula, I'm dean, and I'm in Georgia. I have a port but i don't have it in my arm, i have it in my chest. And the vest does pound on you, but after a 9 days it will be beter. Also i am 8 years old and i had cf when i was a baby.well,i hope there will be a cure for cf. Well, i hope your having a great day in Australia.

djbowler

Hi Paula, I'm dean, and I'm in Georgia. I have a port but i don't have it in my arm, i have it in my chest. And the vest does pound on you, but after a 9 days it will be beter. Also i am 8 years old and i had cf when i was a baby.well,i hope there will be a cure for cf. Well, i hope your having a great day in Australia.

djbowler

djbowler

djbowler