help

MichelleinKY

can anybody help me we just found out Alyssa has pseudomonas this is the second time she has gotten this and her doctor put her back on tobi again plus another med. that we havent gotten yet. We were told that if she gets it again that he will put her in hospital and do IV's he said they would do a port and then we would finish the meds. at home. Is there anyway to keep this from happening again or what I mean surely to god ther eis something we can do to keep her from getting it again like when it comes to bath time or just being around water in general is it better to have as little exposure to it as possible or what I know it might sound like a crazy question but I just dont know what to do to keep her from getting it again any help would be wonderfull and thanks in advance.

MichelleinKY

can anybody help me we just found out Alyssa has pseudomonas this is the second time she has gotten this and her doctor put her back on tobi again plus another med. that we havent gotten yet. We were told that if she gets it again that he will put her in hospital and do IV's he said they would do a port and then we would finish the meds. at home. Is there anyway to keep this from happening again or what I mean surely to god ther eis something we can do to keep her from getting it again like when it comes to bath time or just being around water in general is it better to have as little exposure to it as possible or what I know it might sound like a crazy question but I just dont know what to do to keep her from getting it again any help would be wonderfull and thanks in advance.

MichelleinKY

M

Mommafirst

Michele -- I say this in the kindest way possible...you CANNOT avoid pseudomonas. Its everywhere. Sure you can sterilize everything, avoid dirt and gardening, keep up with handwashing and bathroom cleanliness, but you didn't DO this to your daughter. Its part of this stupid disease. I'm not sure you can do anything else that will keep her from culturing it again.

M

Mommafirst

Michele -- I say this in the kindest way possible...you CANNOT avoid pseudomonas. Its everywhere. Sure you can sterilize everything, avoid dirt and gardening, keep up with handwashing and bathroom cleanliness, but you didn't DO this to your daughter. Its part of this stupid disease. I'm not sure you can do anything else that will keep her from culturing it again.

M

Mommafirst

ymikhale

i agree with Heather. we avoid stale water and i pour bleach into the drains evey day, but she still got it twice as well. I think the key is to catch it early, this way you have more chance to eradicate it.

ymikhale

i agree with Heather. we avoid stale water and i pour bleach into the drains evey day, but she still got it twice as well. I think the key is to catch it early, this way you have more chance to eradicate it.

ymikhale