Hi from Australia

jeepgirl

Hi there to you all,

Firstly I do not have CF, I'm a 24yr old female and I'm absolutely enlightened by all the posts that I have read and all the stories you have shared.

I am here because I have recently met a guy who is 28 and lost his fiance 4 years ago to cf. She fell ill one month before they were due to be wed, and unfortunately fell into a coma and passed away 3 days before their wedding was to take place.
I cannot begin to describe the gut wrenching feeling I felt when these words passed out of his mouth into the air. I sat there holding tears in, trying to imagine the pain he has been through and the loss he has had to deal with.

I have a friend who i went to highschool with that has a rare heart condition. Doctors told her she would not live to the age of 2, and she is now about to turn 24. I have seen the highs and the lows of her condition and her never-ending struggle to beat the disease that eats her body every day. She is frequently in the hospital and where she is, also happens to be the happy place for all the cf men, women, teenagers etc. I say 'happy' because I have never met a bunch of 20 something year olds determined to live life to the fullest!

You are ALL absolutely brilliant and I envy your passion for life!
I hope you dont mind me being new and relatively 'nieve when it comes to this condition. I am learning.... and trying hard to understand how it must affect your daily lives.
I have had my own illness to deal with for the last 10 years and I thought it was rough. There are days when you just dont want to get out of bed....and other days when you cant stop yourself bouncing from the walls! :)

So enough of my ranting....
Hugs and hope
-jeepgirl-

anonymous

Welcome, those were some very nice things you said! If you have questions as you are trying to learn and understand-don't hesitate to ask. CF can be a very confusing disease sometimes but it always helps to get the information out there. Knowledge is power. It's nice to meet you.

Julie (wife to Mark 24 w/CF)