High cal meals and snacks?

Carly

Hi all. I'm new here, I don't have CF but have 'features' of it. I have pancreatic insufficiency (taking creon forte 3 with meals and 2 with snacks).
I also have asthma and take 2 steroid inhalers for that, alvesco 2 puffs twice and day and seretide 2 puffs twice a day. I have type 1 diabetes too and am on an insulin pump.
Last thing I have minimal change disease (kidney prob) and taking prednisolone for that.

Anyway in the last month I have lost 6 kilos, weight 36.8kilos and am 156cm (bmi 15.1). I find I get full VERY easily which is not like me, I've always had a pretty good appetite. So I thought I'd ask here what are some easy ways to increase calories in meals and snacks that don't require you to eat or drink heaps. At the moment I've been adding things like butter and full fat yoghurt on my toast, milkshakes with cream and milk and lots of nuts (macadamia, brazil, walnuts and peanuts). Pasta with creamy sauces. My weight is still going down.
btw I am being followed up weekly by my endocrinologist so not dealing with this alone.

Carly

Hi all. I'm new here, I don't have CF but have 'features' of it. I have pancreatic insufficiency (taking creon forte 3 with meals and 2 with snacks).
I also have asthma and take 2 steroid inhalers for that, alvesco 2 puffs twice and day and seretide 2 puffs twice a day. I have type 1 diabetes too and am on an insulin pump.
Last thing I have minimal change disease (kidney prob) and taking prednisolone for that.

Anyway in the last month I have lost 6 kilos, weight 36.8kilos and am 156cm (bmi 15.1). I find I get full VERY easily which is not like me, I've always had a pretty good appetite. So I thought I'd ask here what are some easy ways to increase calories in meals and snacks that don't require you to eat or drink heaps. At the moment I've been adding things like butter and full fat yoghurt on my toast, milkshakes with cream and milk and lots of nuts (macadamia, brazil, walnuts and peanuts). Pasta with creamy sauces. My weight is still going down.
btw I am being followed up weekly by my endocrinologist so not dealing with this alone.

Carly

Carly

Carly

<br />I also have asthma and take 2 steroid inhalers for that, alvesco 2 puffs twice and day and seretide 2 puffs twice a day. I have type 1 diabetes too and am on an insulin pump.
<br />Last thing I have minimal change disease (kidney prob) and taking prednisolone for that.
<br />
<br />Anyway in the last month I have lost 6 kilos, weight 36.8kilos and am 156cm (bmi 15.1). I find I get full VERY easily which is not like me, I've always had a pretty good appetite. So I thought I'd ask here what are some easy ways to increase calories in meals and snacks that don't require you to eat or drink heaps. At the moment I've been adding things like butter and full fat yoghurt on my toast, milkshakes with cream and milk and lots of nuts (macadamia, brazil, walnuts and peanuts). Pasta with creamy sauces. My weight is still going down.
<br />btw I am being followed up weekly by my endocrinologist so not dealing with this alone.